Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Nova Scotia  (Read 3200 times)

Offline PerryBee

• New Bee
Hello from Nova Scotia
« on: December 18, 2007, 07:57:12 pm »
No such thing as too much information and there seems to bee lots here.Hope to be able to tap into it.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
Re: Hello from Nova Scotia
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 08:48:48 pm »
  Hi Perry! Welcome to the bee info. capitol of the world!
Theres tons of bee stuff here that people can tell you about! I've found that i learn more here than I do at the local bee club!
 I hope you learn alot here like i do!
There'll be some more people to say hello before you know it!
Looking forward to your input!
your friend,
john

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 10:13:14 pm »
Welcome PerryBee. You will feel welcome here.

I hope that my next vacation will be to Nova Scotia. When your post count allows you to post photos, please do.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 10:32:16 pm »
Welcome to the forums Perrybee!! Hope you make lots of new friends here!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 10:41:44 am »
Welcome!

Sincerely, JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 10:54:03 am »
Perry, good, you have found our forum and welcome!!!  It is a wonderful and great place to spend time, you will soon see that.  Why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself so we can get to know you better?  It is wonderful to hear of what people are up to, and we are all interested.  Have a wonderful and greatest of day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline PerryBee

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 01:37:33 pm »
Hello Cindi. Let's see,I'm 49,married and have a soon to be 6 yr. old boy.We moved to Nova Scotia when he was born (2002) from your backyard ( Port Coquitlam ).Needless to say we are still getting used to the difference in climate!! I had 5 hives in BC and now I have 10 and hope to at least double that in 08.The season is a lot shorter here so figuring out different bloom times and stuff has been a challenge.I just discovered a couple of these sights and wish I had known about them long ago ( my bees probably wish so too ).I can see there is a lot of knowledge out there and I 've already had a few good laughs as well.Great Site.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 09:26:24 am »
Perry, cool, Poco eh?  That is about a 20 minute drive (we are in east Maple Ridge, Websters Corners, to be exact), you probably know the area.  What area of Poco did you reside in?  What instigated a move to Nova Scotia, by the way.

Nice to see that you want to increase your number of hives.  I bet beekeeping is indeed different on the other side of this country.  Nice to have yet another Canadian with us.  Have a wonderful, great day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline PerryBee

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 09:54:37 am »
Websters Corner,know it well.Lived up on Mary Hill ,just off eastern.Kept my hives in Pit Meadows.I drove for BC Transit ( Coast Mtn. ) for 11 years.My wife and I were trying to start a family with no luck after years of trying.Remember the big 4 month transit strike?My son was born 9 months after the first day of the strike!!!! Something told me I had to make a change in the way we were living and I had been out here once before and loved it.Four mos. after he was born we moved to Lunenburg!!!Miss your weather though.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 10:19:45 am »
Oooh, Perry, that is cool about your Son being born 9 months after the first day of the strike.  Yes, I remember the strike well. It impacted our foster children terribly (and of course so many other poor souls).  Nice to hear of someone that knows the territory here, being a transit driver, you know everywhere, hee, hee.  Good luck with your life back east, never been there, but I know it is beautiful.  Talkin' to ya.  PM me sometime.  We're off topic, hee, hee (I do this well, my forum friends totally know this  :( ;) ;) :) :roll: :)).   Best of this great day.  Cindi

Where did you keep your bees in PM?