Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Asian Bee Media attention  (Read 3056 times)

Offline Mardak

• House Bee
Asian Bee Media attention
« on: March 31, 2011, 03:37:45 am »
Just got this to share with everyone.

In case you were not aware the Asian bee which was introduced 'accidentally' into Cairns 2007 is now deemed the new flying Cane Toad as the government pulls funding from the eradication program.  This bee will kill off our honeybees and seriously threaten native species and pollination within Australia.  The Asian bee can coexist with the varroa mite and look at the state of America and Europe.

Please support Australian beekeepers by watching  the 7.30 Report on Asian Bees which will go to air tonight on ABC.  We are also told that an extended version will be on ABC Landline on Sunday 10 April.

So tune in tonight – send this on to your networks and friends.  Can you also please go to the website below and lodge a letter to the minister in Canberra to ask for them to reactivate the funding to save our bees.

http://www.securefoodsavebees.com/act_now.html

Please take action now by writing your own letter to the Minister or by sending a letter to the Minister via the website above.

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
Re: Asian Bee Media attention
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 09:09:25 pm »
I just checked the 7.30 report on abc iview and there doesn't seem to be anything about asian bees there.  Mind you, I can't watch it all the way through or I'd fall asleep.

Lone

anything