Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hive tracks  (Read 7106 times)

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
Hive tracks
« on: November 24, 2012, 08:27:49 am »
Anyone know what happened to them. Can't seem to find the site any longer.

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
Re: Hive tracks
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 09:09:20 am »
Did you loose track of them ?  :-D

mvh edward  :-P

Offline Jeanette

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 02:18:32 am »
Hi tefer2! Their website is still up and running at https://www.hivetracks.com
Jeanette

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 08:45:58 am »
Jeanette, the site was just down for a few days. Guess they were making some changes.

Offline jtwinboone

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 05:45:19 pm »
Hey everyone,

Just now saw this note ... I'm one of the developers of Hive Tracks.  We had a particularly difficult domain name problem around Thanksgiving time in the US that took a couple of days to figure out, so we may have been down when you tried it.  We are definitely still going and are in the planning stages for a major revision in the next year, so let us know what you like or don't like or new things you want/need.  Thanks!

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 08:51:35 am »
I would like a downloadable version so I can haul my laptop out to the yards.  I would be willing to pay for it.   It makes no sense to me to run around taking note so I can go home and imput them. 

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 09:32:26 am »
They have an app for your smart phone already. I have been just turning on my voice recorder and place it in a pocket. Hope no one see's me talking to myself wandering around the bee yard.
You have to have a numbering system of some sort though. When I have time I just replay and enter info into Hive Tracks. Every thing works well unless you can't get at your information on line.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 10:11:50 pm by tefer2 »

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 10:14:49 am »
I refuse to get a smart phone until my current phone dies. 

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 11:10:21 am »
Danno, I feel the same way. If I had internet available to me all the time, I wouldn't get any thing done during the day. I spend enough time on here already.
If I need some information I just ask someone around me to get it. Everyone else has one so I'm all set. Besides, my plan is only $38 per month, unlike the $99 unlimited the wife has to have.

Offline S.Rummings

• House Bee
    • Organic Fertilizer
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 12:00:27 pm »
I refuse to get a smart phone until my current phone dies. 

My "smart phone" is the worst phone I ever had in my life! It is OK unless you want to make a phone call. I remember when I had a bag phone and it was more reliable. I can't wait until this contract is up.

If I am in an area with no signal it is almost impossible to get the camera to work! Smart phones like a strong internet connection at all times. Not a good choice for a country boy.

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 12:55:45 pm »
I had a bag phone to start out also. I don't know if they ever will make a smart phone that will stand up to my kind of abuse. I went through three this year already. Thank god for damage replacement contract too.

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 01:02:55 pm »
I thought about buying a smart phone this fall when the battery started failing on my phone, took a look around and compared prices  :roll:

The smart phones cost more than my laptop  :-\ and can do less  :roll: and you know it probably will last 2 years

So I did the smart thing and bought an ordinary phone with a 3.2 mega pixel camera in it. It cost 10% of the cost of a smart phone and fits in my pocket, I don't need a MANBAG to carry it around  :-D

mvh edward  :-P

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 01:13:59 pm »
Back in my bag phone days, towers were far and few in this side of michigan so pocket phones sucked.  We had to watch out here in Ludington making calls close to Lake Michigan because the phones would pick up towers in Wisconsin and we would get charged for roaming

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 01:52:57 pm »
My wife has to charge her smart phone every day or it goes dead. My flip phone can go a week without a charge. I never turn it off. Don't know what's so smart about that. All that extra stuff sure suck's the power away.

Offline beekeeperookie

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 10:05:29 pm »

I use the hivetracks, I love it, but like you guys are talking about I forget my hives by the time I get on the computer.  I am thinking of trying the QR-Code system next year just not sure how well the stickers will hold up on the side of the hives. 

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 10:21:56 pm »
Maybe you can print the numbers off and place in a clear plastic envelope attached to the hive.

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 09:15:51 am »
After trying 2 different ways to number I now just do it in my head.  I pull into a yard and count them all left to right.   Pallets are counted starting at 12:00 going clockwise.

[1] [2]      [5] [6]       [9] [10]      [13][14]      [17][18]
     [3] [4]      [7] [8]       [11][12]     [15][16]      [19][20]

This is a typical yard.   I also work them in just this order

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 09:51:04 am »
I paint a number on my bottom boards when making them up. Both sides so you can read them on a pallet.

Offline beekeeperookie

• House Bee
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 03:16:59 pm »
i used ear tags for mine the ones that dont have medicine in them

Offline Jeanette

• House Bee
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2012, 08:51:41 pm »
I would like a downloadable version ...  

Is it advertising if I mention my own downloadable beekeeping software, HiveTasks? There is a free trial version so you can see if the software suits your needs.
Jeanette

anything