Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dennis's new hive  (Read 1923 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Dennis's new hive
« on: June 14, 2010, 11:46:50 pm »
Ok, I know this is a terrible video, but it was taken on a whim with my little digital camera. Dennis got a nice strong colony from his uncle's shed.

http://s871.photobucket.com/albums/ab277/hardwood01/?action=view&current=beez010-1.mp4

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Re: Dennis's new hive
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 07:47:37 am »
Way to go Scott in no time you will be doing video's like Jp :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline dennis2021

• House Bee
    • Orlando Bee Removal Expert
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 04:48:47 pm »
Can't wait to go into it again this weekend and see how they are doing! So far lookin good, lots of pollen coming in. They are very gentle, could care less about me or anyone, or even the mower!

What else do ya'll look for when your watching them?
Have a sweet day,
Dennis the Bee Guy

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 07:24:52 pm »
That sure looked like a fun one. Not too young not too advanced with tons of honey dripping everywhere.

Dennis, main thing, look for traffic, bees coming and going. Some with pollen would be a good sign.

There's surely other things but that's a start.

Oh and try not to freak out when the young bees do orientating flights. At first it may appear they are trying to swarm to a new bee keeper.

Have fun and you know you can always pick up the phone and call Scott with any questions.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

anything