Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Emerging worker, queen cell  (Read 4793 times)

Offline David LaFerney

• Field Bee
    • The Door Garden
Emerging worker, queen cell
« on: April 21, 2010, 09:08:16 pm »

Sadly I think I might have damaged that brood while brushing bees off of the frame with a feather.  Or does emerging brood look as white as that when the seal is first broken?

They built that cell on a frame that was part of a newspaper combine that was placed 2 boxes above the brood nest of the queenright hive.  It is the only one that I saw that has a larva in it - I'm going to put it in a nuc next weekend if it looks viable.   
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Samuel Clemens

Putting the "ape" in apiary since 2009.

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
Re: Emerging worker, queen cell
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 10:39:25 pm »
Very nice photos! Thanks for sharing.

Offline Jahjude

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 01:36:41 pm »
WOWOW Really top class pics David,even better than looking at the real thing ;)
I've chosen understanding over knowledge-since knowledge is all about knowing where to find facts and understanding is knowing how to manipulate knowledge...I've also chosen knowledge over beliefs!! We all need to..

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 11:06:43 pm »
Those are some great shots.

Offline Jahjude

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 04:07:43 am »
BTW yeah itdoes seem like some damage was done since it's the emerging bee that usually opens its own cell cap hence larvae shud remain capped.Don't kno tf that'd pose much of a problem tho,either  the bees will recap or get rid of those exposed larvae......Sorry,guess ur top class pics had us in full amazement,didn't even rememb wat the topic/question was ;)
I've chosen understanding over knowledge-since knowledge is all about knowing where to find facts and understanding is knowing how to manipulate knowledge...I've also chosen knowledge over beliefs!! We all need to..

Offline jhs494

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 12:05:00 am »
Very Nice pictures!
Thanks for sharing them with us.
Joe S.

anything