Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Monsanto vs. Government  (Read 47582 times)

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Humanbeeing

• House Bee
Re: Monsanto vs. Government
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 05:45:11 am »
So Monsanto is working hand in hand with the government to protect their market share. Nothing new about that. The head of the Dept of Ag is a Monsanto executive. No one will use Roundup one. They will pass a new law. How many Goldman Sachs executives are  working our government right now. I've lost track. Need another bail out? Pass a law. Welcome to the Corpocracy. Intercangable with Fascism. Corporations make the laws.
Remember what Bush told you. Get out there and Buy, Buy, Buy, if you want to save the economy. If you want to keep your government, the Corporation, swimming in money.
HELP! I accidently used Drone eggs with the Hopkins method and I got Drag Queens!!!

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 10:36:44 am »
thank you all for the morning laugh  :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline showme714

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 12:29:49 am »
So Monsanto is working hand in hand with the government to protect their market share. Nothing new about that. The head of the Dept of Ag is a Monsanto executive. No one will use Roundup one. They will pass a new law. How many Goldman Sachs executives are  working our government right now. I've lost track. Need another bail out? Pass a law. Welcome to the Corpocracy. Intercangable with Fascism. Corporations make the laws.
Remember what Bush told you. Get out there and Buy, Buy, Buy, if you want to save the economy. If you want to keep your government, the Corporation, swimming in money.

Your observation is dead on. The newest schemes is of course the passing of Senate Bill S510 The Food Safety Bill and it being signed into law on the back of some bill to help the veterans I believe. This new law says it is now illegal to grow your own food and consume it. (I'd like to see the government enforce this) It was originally rejected after being signed by the president on some technicality about it creating a new tax which proves two things: (1) The senators did not write the bill and (2) they also didn't read it. Monsanto and ConAgra has Washington bought and paid for. This falls in line with National Security Study Memorandum 200 by Henry Kissinger in 1974. It basically said that food would be used as a weapon (control mechanism) against the people in the future.

The other scheme is that now Whole Foods is on board with GMO alfalfa believe it or not. The powers that be finally got to them. Now the gateway will be open for everything GMO to flow from these criminals. Our health is being deliberately put in danger and that means the bees too.

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 01:16:52 am »
Folks, everything out forefathers fought, bleed, and died for is over.  If they can take away your choice of wearing or not wearing a seat belt, that you cant allow people to smoke in YOUR BAR, what cant they tell you to do or not do.  Its over, we already surrendered.
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 12:03:54 pm »
Remember Reagan said the  ten scariest words:
I'm from the government,and I'm here to help you.

Anything done for your own good,probably isn't.

Offline Humanbeeing

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 03:25:08 pm »

Your observation is dead on. The newest schemes is of course the passing of Senate Bill S510 The Food Safety Bill and it being signed into law on the back of some bill to help the veterans I believe. This new law says it is now illegal to grow your own food and consume it. (I'd like to see the government enforce this) It was originally rejected after being signed by the president on some technicality about it creating a new tax which proves two things: (1) The senators did not write the bill and (2) they also didn't read it. Monsanto and ConAgra has Washington bought and paid for. This falls in line with National Security Study Memorandum 200 by Henry Kissinger in 1974. It basically said that food would be used as a weapon (control mechanism) against the people in the future.

The other scheme is that now Whole Foods is on board with GMO alfalfa believe it or not. The powers that be finally got to them. Now the gateway will be open for everything GMO to flow from these criminals. Our health is being deliberately put in danger and that means the bees too.

YEP! You got it. To bad every one can't.
HELP! I accidently used Drone eggs with the Hopkins method and I got Drag Queens!!!

Offline marliah

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 12:35:55 pm »
you got it bee nuts. Its all over....America is no longer a free nation. Sad thing is we surrendered without a fight. We just gave away our freedom without even thinking about it.  :-\ And whats really crazy is you are considered a loon or a conspiracy theorist if you try to tell anyone this.
Tara
beekeeper in central Maine
Finally getting bees again! 6/12/13

Offline LizardKing

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 07:46:35 pm »
And whats really crazy is you are considered a loon or a conspiracy theorist if you try to tell anyone this.

What is worse is that when you try to explain how we got here and who is responsible
you will be hated on as if you were Satan himself.

Good thing is that when Monsanto kills all the bees and we suffer from food shortages they will
just genetically engineer up some new foods to kill us!
All Hail Monsanto!

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 10:52:18 pm »
and we'll all be happy when someone can make a statement followed by proof and not emotion. 

btw...even if every honeybee in the us died, we would not starve.  we might eat a little differently, but there are tons of pollinators out there and they would do a fine job....which might lead one to ask:  if there are tons of pollinators out there, why are we obsessing on the honeybee?  and is it really dying, and if it is, is this a new thing or has it happened before....clue there.....

"i hate monsanto" is getting as old as "we are all going to DIE from global warming!!"
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline capt44

• Field Bee
  • If it don't work I'll always think it should have
    • RV BEES
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 11:57:21 pm »
Washington is all about money!
Monsanto has the money.
The USDA doesn't test anything, it lets the companies like Monsanto test their products then give the reports to the USDA.
Kinda like putting a fox in a chicken coop to guard the chickens.
Richard Vardaman (capt44)

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2014, 08:31:21 am »
Like I been a sayen America has got to start talken

Offline Richard M

• House Bee
    • Onsite Assessments Tas
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 09:10:17 pm »
and we'll all be happy when someone can make a statement followed by proof and not emotion. 

btw...even if every honeybee in the us died, we would not starve.  we might eat a little differently, but there are tons of pollinators out there and they would do a fine job....which might lead one to ask:  if there are tons of pollinators out there, why are we obsessing on the honeybee?  and is it really dying, and if it is, is this a new thing or has it happened before....clue there.....

"i hate monsanto" is getting as old as "we are all going to DIE from global warming!!"

Hmmm. Must admit that I tend towards cynicism when people start screaming conspiracy.

Offline OldMech

• Queen Bee
    • The Outyard
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 11:44:31 am »
Neonics are the best thing to happen to bees since insecticides were invented,and GMO corn, beans etc does in NO WAY harm your health..  Fearmongering has way too many people by the short hairs...

I live in the heart of Neonic and GMO country..   My bees are doing fine among the corn and beans..  Sorry, I cant get on board the screaming bandwagon..  I havent walked out to find a dead hive since neonics began regular useage..  I no longer fear the planes flying over the neighbors field.. I know its not DDT etc..   I keep my comb rotated, and the bees keep on living..  imagine that!!
39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.

Offline CaseyT

• New Bee
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2015, 11:00:36 pm »
While I agree that there is plenty of corruption in the Gov't, and probably far too much undue influence by any corporation able to buy the support, I can't agree with the idea that GMO is so horrible.  Essentially, we as humans, have been genetically modifying both plants and animals for as long as we have domesticated and bred many various species for many various uses, not least of which is for food.

While his genes may not have been spliced in a lab, your average ordinary beef steer (that is free range, grass fed, non-hormone injected, and not treated with antibiotics for disease) has been genetically modified through breeding programs for generations untraceable - literally for millennia.  And because of this, he grows bigger, faster, and with more meat to provide.  Your Japanese Kobe beef is an excellent example of how the breeding programs can create such a wonderfully sought after delicacy!

This has not produced any harm to our society or world, in fact what it does is create the ability to produce even greater quantities of food, often cheaper and with less resources than are otherwise possible.  These technologies, both old and modern, have allowed countless thriving cultures and have gone a long way to alleviating hunger across the globe.

In fact, it is so incredibly likely that your very own bees have been genetically modified in some way!  Honeybees have been crossbred and selectively bred, and hence genetically modified, for eons beyond memory.  And, shockingly, the honey is still good and wholesome and you haven't died from it yet!

Offline LuciwhitAR

• New Bee
  • Hello From Arkansas
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 01:16:15 am »

Folks, everything out forefathers fought, bleed, and died for is over.  If they can take away your choice of wearing or not wearing a seat belt, that you cant allow people to smoke in YOUR BAR, what cant they tell you to do or not do.  Its over, we already surrendered.
So true!!

Offline derekm

• Field Bee
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 01:04:32 pm »

given that the honeybee is one of the toughest, flexible, adaptable insects going, if you manage to kill them all, the rest of the pollinators would have gone as well, not to mention all of the ecosystem.
to get the all the bees to die it would also mean the death of every insect eating bird and mammal, and the predators of those.
It would probably also mean the death of the soils as well.

Would you want to live on a killed planet?
If they increased energy bill for your home by a factor of 4.5 would you consider that cruel? If so why are you doing that to your bees?

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 09:14:54 pm »
Would you want to live on a killed planet?

what is your point?

Offline derekm

• Field Bee
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2016, 09:41:00 am »
When politicians have to spend most of their time fundraising then corruption goes from possible to envitable. Even the most high minded and altruistic person will have to bow obligations made overtly, implied or just felt.  Where does the money go in the end to the media...
If they increased energy bill for your home by a factor of 4.5 would you consider that cruel? If so why are you doing that to your bees?