Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I'm new!  (Read 2827 times)

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
I'm new!
« on: January 22, 2008, 12:46:02 am »
Hi
I have always wanted bees & out of the blue met someone who just started last summer so started poking around on the internet & found Kelly Bee Farm (he suggested this forum)on myspace-they are about a mile from my house!!  I live in WA close to the cascades in a rural area.  I need everything, have tons of questions, don't plan on being a big business, just enough for me, family & friends! I'm excited about starting!
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: I'm new!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 12:56:28 am »
Welcome poka-bee, glad to see you here, you are welcome for sure. Ask any question you like.

Sincerely, JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 06:22:15 am »
Welcome,
You are among friends here!!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 11:08:26 am »
Polka Bee -- ditto to the previous comments, welcome!!!  So glad that you were given this site to come to.  It is a place where we all share information, learn and learn.  Ask any questions that come to your mind, they will have answers, no matter how small, complex or (even if you think that they are dumb, they are not), simple.  We all began once upon a time, as a new beekeeper, and we asked questions too.  You are going to love this venue that you are travelling down.  The world of the honeybee is fascinating, and the more that you learn, the more that you will have the quest to learn.  Welcome to our friend place.  Have an awesome day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 11:52:19 am »
Heya PokaBee

Tons of awesome information here and fabulous support! Bees are fascinating, and intoxicating..enjoy!

Offline dpence

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 12:07:50 pm »
Welcome aboard, its a great place to learn.

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 08:21:03 am »
...so started poking around on the internet & found Kelly Bee Farm (he suggested this forum)on myspace-they are about a mile from my house!! 

Kelly Bee Farm... That's me!!!  Not so much a farm, more like a wanna bee farm.  :-)  Maybe someday I'll go full time.  Really glad you took my advice and joined our forum!  The folks here are a real joy and are very helpful!  Looking forward to helping you get your start in this awesome hobby!!!

Sean Kelly  (aka Kelly Bee Farm)
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

anything