Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Please Report all issues with the new forums here  (Read 39105 times)

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: Please Report all issues with the new forums here
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2008, 11:46:55 am »
Annette, 

I am at a loss as to what further I can do.  I've checked the error logs, repaired and optimized all the database tables but have found nothing. I have also had no other users report any such problem.  I know this does not help, but wanted to let you know I have tried to see if there was anything on the forum end causing this.

The only options I can suggest are:

1) Do you have fellow forum member you would trust with your account?   If so, you could ask them to log into your account and use it to see if they have the same issues.
2) Create a new account and see if you experience the same.

This would give more of an indication if it is something corrupted with your particular account (snce no one else is experiencing it, I don't think it is a base forum issue) or with your browser.   If it is your particular account,  we can dig further into migrating you to a "new" account.

rob...
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2008, 06:42:10 pm »
Maybe go to the library and try to change the password from there?
It would verify if its a proble
m on here computer!!

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2008, 10:33:44 pm »
I thought it might be my computer, but the same thing happened on 2 different computers at work. I had the beeforum saved on both of those computers at work and now cannot log in at work.

this is so much trouble because I keep getting bumped out every few hours and when I try to put in the password (up above where it says guest) it doesn't recognize my password now, it brings me to the place where I answer the secret question and then I have to put in the password and it is accepted there, but not up above when it says guest.
At least it is now letting me log in over there, but every few hours I have to go through this.  I was thinking of logging on with a new account, but my whole history is here and I do not want to lose all of my posts. (also my photo, goodness knows how my friend ever got that photo up there)

I am trying to have my computer guy come over and check this all out.
Thanks for your help.

Annette

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2008, 11:57:21 pm »
Annette, if worse comes to worse, and you need someone to trust, chose me.  You know that I am one of the most honest people that you will ever in your life meet, I do not embellish here, I think you know me by now, or at least you should.  If you ever feel that you need to trust a forum friend to do as Rob suggested you may have to, please think of me....I am your friend, and friends never betray friends,  :-* :) :) :)  Do have a wonderful and awesome day, I have responded to your e-mail, by the way, hope you got it.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Romahawk

• House Bee
    • http://www.romahawk.com
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2008, 12:54:41 am »
Annette I didn't read the previous suggestions but have you tried clearing your cache? Have you checked your privacy settings to see what kind of cookies you are allowing, sometimes these get accidently changed. Have you installed a new anti-virus program? Check to see that Beemaster.com is in your managed sites list.
Never let your education interfere with your learning" --Samuel Clemens

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2008, 08:39:22 am »
I was thinking of logging on with a new account, but my whole history is here and I do not want to lose all of my posts. (also my photo, goodness knows how my friend ever got that photo up there)

Annette,

a new account is not the solutions, just a means of further isolation

rob..
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2008, 09:36:48 am »
Wow all I do is click on Beemasters link in favorites and it pops right up. Don't have to sign in or any thing.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2008, 02:55:05 pm »
OK I will have my computer guy take a look and see what could be causing this, but seems strange it happened at work also.

Annette

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2008, 12:09:14 pm »
Annette,

Did this get resolved?  Are you setting session length to "forever" when you log in?

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2008, 12:45:47 am »
Annette,

Did this get resolved?  Are you setting session length to "forever" when you log in?

Yes I always set it to forever.

My computer guy came to my house and changed some settings on the browser and swore to me that I will never get bumped off again and I have not. But strangely enough I cannot log in at work using my password. I get those same strange messages at work saying to check the cookies.

Now I wonder if I will ever be able to log in anywhere else again. Like when I visit my brother in New Jersey I like to check out the forum when I am there and I wonder if I will be able to log in over there> 

Thanks for your help and I hope and pray I can remain on here without disappearing.

Annette

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2008, 10:46:16 am »
This is good for Annette that she has her home computer fixed.  But the issue is not solved yet.  It needs to be found out why she cannot log in at work, and I know she loves to spend time with her Brother, and go on our forum here.

Come on.  Isn't there somewhere where she can get some intense help from a computer geek to help her to "totally" get the issue resolved.  Someone must know a link to where she can get help, or someone can help her out.  Things are not settled and she needs 100% resolution to this problem.   Have a great and most wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2008, 11:10:06 am »
This is good for Annette that she has her home computer fixed.  But the issue is not solved yet.  It needs to be found out why she cannot log in at work, and I know she loves to spend time with her Brother, and go on our forum here.

The question is what did the computer guy do to her home computer to fix it there?  If I had to guess,  I would speculate it was a broswer or firewall issue.  Then the questions arises to how the settings got "screwed up" and I would venture a guess that some application/pop-up/virus changed it and Annette did not manually change it herself.  I'll then venture to postulate that she has the same surfing/viewing habits at work and the same application/pop-up/virus did the same there.

Other than speculating,  there is not much I can do.  The fact that the computer guy fixed it on her end proves it is not a forum issue, but a personal computer setting issue.   Even if he had changed settings on her beemaster account (which I'm sure he didn't),  the fact that it works on her home now says the beemaster account is OK.  I would also venture to say she will be able to log on while traveling.

Cindi, it is nice you are trying to get Annette help,  but other than taking guesses (and I think we have exhausted them), there is not much any of us here can do since we have no access or understanding of her computer.  Her computer guy is her best bet at this point.

My car has an ooogy noise coming from the thingy and stalls after 1 hr can you fix it for me?  - Get my drift ;)

rob....

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2008, 03:25:42 pm »
I will ask my computer guy what exactly he did and then try to do the same at work, if possible.

I appreciate all the help
annette

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2008, 09:43:53 am »
Cindi, it is nice you are trying to get Annette help,  but other than taking guesses (and I think we have exhausted them), there is not much any of us here can do since we have no access or understanding of her computer.  Her computer guy is her best bet at this point.

My car has an ooogy noise coming from the thingy and stalls after 1 hr can you fix it for me?  - Get my drift ;)

rob....

Rob, oh I get such a kick out of you!!!  You make me laugh, I kid you not!!!!!  To elaborate a little here -- I wasn't referring to you "having" to try really hard to fix Annette's stuff, I meant if you could get a link to someone that could help.  But then, thinking about it, unless one is working right there with her computer, you are 100% bang on, it is like a needle in that haystack  :(  She does need to get more information from her computer guy, I agree.

Now about your car, that ooogy noise and stall after one hour.  Sorry.  I can't help you there,  :-X :-D :shock: ;) :) :) :).  I could only venture a guess  :-\  :) :) :).  I think you got some alien stuff goin' on in there, abducted?  Have a most wonderful day, love our life.  Cindi

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2008, 10:51:31 am »
Rob, your thingamawhoosit is toast!  When you replace it you also need to replace your doo-hicky!  :evil: :-D  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2008, 11:50:20 am »
When you replace it you also need to replace your doo-hicky! 

Believe it or not, I've already been thru a doohickey replacement

http://www.klr650.marknet.us/doohickey.html

on my scooter

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2008, 05:49:23 pm »
Amazing!  No wonder the guys in Home Depot didn't know what it was..they weren't looking in the scooter isle!    :-D  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2008, 10:50:52 am »
Oh I get such a kick out of my forum friends, Jody you say the most weirdest things and oh it makes me laugh, smiling.

Rob, what a guy!!!  Are you for real?  Did you REALLY carry that nuc on the back of your bike?  I think you are plain and simply, ding dang, out of your mind!!!  Smiling, that big smile.  Have a most wonderful and oh that most awesome day, Cindi

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2008, 11:23:18 am »
Did you REALLY carry that nuc on the back of your bike? 

Actually yes, it was sort of a freak incident and not planned.  I went over to a beeyard to just install the nicot box for a 24hr cleaning before I contained the queen in it.  But I found capped queen cells that where just about to hatch, so I put together 2 nucs and bought them home.

After all, it is not a Harley,  so the ride wasn't rough for them at all, nor was I worried about getting stranded along the road :-P

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2008, 11:31:34 am »
Rob, OK so that is really cool.  I like your bike, any kind of bike is a wonderful thing, anything that rides on two wheels (well, three wheels is cool too).  I think it was just such a great picture and made my imagination run wild!!!  Have the most wonderfully awesome, great day, Cindi