Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Tsawwassen, BC, Canada (20km from Vancouver)  (Read 2181 times)

Offline RonH

• New Bee
Hello from Tsawwassen, BC, Canada (20km from Vancouver)
« on: November 13, 2009, 04:52:33 pm »
What a great site full of helpful information for a new comer....I am interested in getting into backyard beekeeping....sounds like fun and I would like to learn from experienced people and or clubs in my area......can someone give me the contact info for clubs in my area...thank you and I look forward to learning more over the winter so I am ready to go in the spring

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Hello from Tsawwassen, BC, Canada (20km from Vancouver)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 08:44:23 pm »
Hello and Welcome RonH
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny   

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 01:17:33 pm »
Welcome Ron, this is the time to start learning.
You can get all the information you need and start collecting your equipment over the winter so you will be ready come spring.
Feel free to ask questions, there are a TON of old threads that you can search through regarding everything you need to know about beekeeping.
Its a good way to begin.
Good luck and have fun.

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 08:57:42 pm »
Welcome RonH. Hopefully some of your locals will chime in with the info that you seek on local clubs. It would help if you go to your profile and update your location so get better responces to your area.

Offline Yappy

• House Bee
  • "Your darnest Questions, get the best Advice"
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 02:02:08 am »
Hi RonH, 
Nice to have another loacal Beek. :-D  :)
I am in North Vancouver, starting TB Hives in the spring.
You will find this is a great site.
 It does take alot of looking to find all the jems of wisdom, I am still finding more every day here.
I will PM you re local clubs.
... Rob 

Offline RonH

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 05:54:06 pm »
Well thank you everyone and special thanks to FireGuy for the list of clubs in my area....it is always good to learn something new and I am looking forward to this new adventure into the bee world and meeting new friends

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 08:50:55 pm »
Cindi should chime in soon, she's north of the Fraizer but should know about the bee associations in the lower mainland.  Me, I'm in the San Juan Island, not so far away.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 10:48:57 pm »
Ron, welcome to our forum, nice to have other people in our Lower Mainland interested in bees.  Stick around, here you can learn an awful lot of information, there is mountains of information here, using the search function, just reading current posts, ask questions,anything you need to know, we will all help you out.  Good to hear that Rob has helped you out with the club informations.  We love new members, so do stick around.  YOu have lots of time to learn about the bees before the fever will hit you in the spring  :lol: :), I mean bee fever!!!  Have that wonderful and most awesome day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service