Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: par·a·di·chlo·ro·ben·zene  (Read 3165 times)

Offline crw13755

• House Bee
par·a·di·chlo·ro·ben·zene
« on: August 04, 2005, 12:32:33 am »
Thanks they were all strong but yea they did head out fast , and I am sure they combined in one hive but5 dang it was like they came out with boxing gloves and ready after a few drinks to fight LOLL but as for honey flow No problems there. where can I find the paradiclorobenzene?  .....ok I went dumb sorry par·a·di·chlo·ro·ben·zene    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (pr-d-klôr-bnzn, -bn-zn, -klr-)
n.
A white crystalline compound, C6H4Cl2, used as a germicide and an insecticide. Main Entry: para·di·chlo·ro·ben·zene
Variant: also –di·chlo·ro·ben·zene /"par-&-"dI-"klOr-&-'ben-"zEn, -"klor-, -"ben-'/
Function: noun
: a white crystalline compound C6H4Cl2 made by chlorinating benzene and used chiefly as a fumigant against clothes moths called also PDB

Thanks for the help guy

Offline stilllearning

• House Bee
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 07:18:54 am »
toliet bowl deodrizers that hang from a piece of wire is the quickest source or you can order from a bee equipment supplier
Wayne Cole

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 11:31:02 am »
Sometimes you can find it as moth balls, but sometimes the moth balls are napthalene, so make sure it's the right kind.

I prefer Certan (Bt).  It doesn't smell, isn't a carcinagen (like PDB, and it's basically permanat as far as getting rid of wax moths.

Buy it here:

http://www.beeworks.com/usacatalog/subcat33.htm

Read about it here:

http://maarec.cas.psu.edu/PDFs/Wax_Moth_pm.pdf#search='wax%20moths%20Bt'

Search for "Certan" or "Bt"
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline latebee

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 10:45:59 pm »
Great news,this is the first time I have heard of BT control for waxmoths,and it sure sounds permanent compared to freezing.When I would freeze the combs,sometimes they would become reinfested if I could not store them in the freezer.personally never used paradichlorobenzine, because like you said Michael the benzenes are carcinogens.
The person who walks in another's tracks leaves NO footprints.

anything