Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: mathispollenators  (Read 2577 times)

Offline mathispollenators

• House Bee
    • Mathis Apiaries
mathispollenators
« on: October 31, 2008, 04:35:55 pm »
Hi all new here and introducing myself.  I'm a fellow that has recently came back to working bees.  I say working because it's not a hobby for me. My family has had bees for over 30 years and during the late 80's I worked with him.  After being awol (being a brickmason for 20 years) I'm back.  We have in the neighborhood of 1000 hives all on 4 way pallets with pollenation being our main income at the time.  Dad is in his 70's and producing honey is to labor intensive for him to do my himself.  As I said I have been away for 20 years and there are lots of new things and problems out there we didn't have in the 80's.  The mites and hive bettles are new to me. I live in South Georgia and Dad is in Chiefland Florida so we are in 2 states.  I have lots of plans ( wife calls dreams) for our future business.  I have joined another forum for a exchange of ideas and methods and hope this new one is as good or better. 

Thank you for having me and hope we can all benifit from helping each other.
Without Thomas Edison & Alexander Graham Bell we wouldn't have the graveyard shift or Telemarketers.  So how do you like them now?

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: mathispollenators
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 06:22:17 pm »
We have several "commercial beeks" on this forumLike bjornbee, Fatbeeman, among others as well as some serious sideliners such as Dane Bramage, JP, and others.  We can always use the insights of additional commercial guys to help keep us hobbiests from thinking we know it all.  LOL
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 07:55:30 pm »
hello and welcome to the forum!!
Johnny

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 11:19:07 am »
Mathispollenators.  Welcome to our forum.  Wow, 20 years absence from beekeeping.  I would venture to say indeed, that things have changed.  Isn't that nice that you are  back into this fascinating world of the honeybee, yeah!!!  Stick around, you will have tales, stories and experiences to tell us, we love to listen.  You will also make new friends here, we are that friendly group. Have a most wonderful and awesome day, great health wishes to us all, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 04:03:27 am »
Welcome to the site and welcome back to beekeeping!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 07:35:28 pm »
Welcome to the site, always glad to see another member from Ga.
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

anything