Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Spearmint blooms  (Read 2748 times)

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
Spearmint blooms
« on: June 14, 2008, 10:59:27 am »
   Last summer I planted spearmint out of a six inch pot.  They exploded and this year take up a whole 4x8 bed.  The blooms are just starting to explode.  The question is if I cut the blooms as they start to fade will they rebloom or do I need to wait for the volunteers to grow and bloom?
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
Re: Spearmint blooms
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 11:54:16 am »
Most mints you can whack back, they then branch out more = more shoots for more flowers.  They will bloom again as long as it isn't freezing.  You can even mow them (highest setting) at least 1x in the year, will produce a thicker mat that nothing can get through!  I have chox mint by & in my pond..mmnnn I love mowing that down, smells so good!!  They actually look nicer cause they aren't so "rangy" looking!  Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

anything