Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: trade bottle of honey?  (Read 4581 times)

Offline Wandering Buddhist

• New Bee
trade bottle of honey?
« on: January 23, 2005, 07:07:58 pm »
I posted this before, but as with many, it was wiped a month or so ago when there was a malfunction on the site.

I would like to trade a bottle of my wildflower honey with a bottle of honey from anyone else, anywhere in the world.  I just like to taste honey from other places, and see the different bottles lined up on my shelf.  My honey is from Connecticut, U.S.A.

If interested, please post, or send me a message.  If you responded before, please respond again.

Happy New Year.

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
trade bottle of honey?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 07:43:04 pm »
I was one that answered..... and gave the same answer as most :) "yes, I will happily do that (don't even need to trade, but sounds like fun now) but have to wait till I have honey harvested".

But keep a record of the fact that I want to....... and this summer bring it up again. That seems like a long ways off, but it'll get here fast.

Beth

Offline asleitch

• House Bee
trade bottle of honey?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 06:33:08 am »
I answered, and sent an email. I'll swop some of my (award winning!8) ) honey.  I've bought some polystyrene bottle-safes, so it should be easier to package up and send.

Adam

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
trade bottle of honey?
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 06:36:47 am »
Got the honey I sent yet, or is it still in the mail?

I didn't have any polystyrene bottle-safes as Adam, but I used some creative packing :-)

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
trade bottle of honey?
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 08:19:48 am »
When I get some - sure
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
trade bottle of honey?
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 06:05:03 pm »
I will send you some from what we get my first year if lucky enough to produce enough to give to the weak hives and a bit to harvest, bye
Ryan Horn

Offline fiveson

• New Bee
YES!
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 02:19:03 am »
I have been doing just that with local and Chinese honey (yucch),
Where are you located and what size bottle? I dont have a lot but I could send you a small plastic bottle full. Mine is Virginia wildflower - no chemicals and it is really delicious.

How do I  know where to send it?

Great idea.

Rob
The Pleasures Of Love Lasts but a fleeting
But the pledges of life
Outlust a lifetime

(J Joyce)

Offline fiveson

• New Bee
Honey Trade
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 06:51:19 pm »
Great idea. I am ready - as I am collecting as many kinds from as many places as I can - just to experience the subtleties.

Please post your address!

Rob
The Pleasures Of Love Lasts but a fleeting
But the pledges of life
Outlust a lifetime

(J Joyce)

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
trade bottle of honey?
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2005, 08:53:21 am »
Got the honey today from wandering budhist.  It tastes delicious.  Quite different from Norwegian honey, both from what we call "summer honey" and especially from our heather honey.  Very nice to experience different kinds of honey from around the world.

Offline Lesli

• House Bee
trade bottle of honey?
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2005, 04:48:41 pm »
Would you like some comb honey? That's all I have from last season...
Lesli

Offline Wandering Buddhist

• New Bee
eivindm's honey
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2005, 09:41:30 pm »
Eivindm sent me a very nice bottle of honey that I am enjoying.  I am flattered, Eivindm, that you like mine.  I am ready, with only a few bottles left from last year, to trade with others and again I ask understanding for those who wrote and whose messages were lost.
Those of you who wrote above, I will send you private messages about trades with addresses, etc.
My offer to trade is still there for anyone, anytime.  This is the time of year when I have time for planning and enjoying thinking of these plans coming to fruition.  It will be busy with outside chores soon enough.

anything