Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Queen in super  (Read 2488 times)

Offline Curtammy

• New Bee
Queen in super
« on: May 01, 2011, 11:14:12 am »
I started keeping bees 2 years ago.  Bees did great and are still doing great ..except..here's the part.  I decided to add another super this year to the 2 hives that are doing good.  so now i have 2 brood and 2 super boxes on each hive.  I decided to check in on them the other day and i have brood in my supers now.  and they aren't using the bottom brood box, on either hive.  Also i started 2 more hives with 4 lbs of bees each and queen.  And im just using 1 brood box for them right now, should i add a super to them?  They have been in there 2 weeks and are already drawing the comb and producing honey.  Thought i would share that last part cause it seemed really fast.
Curt and Ammy Gorsuch

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Queen in super
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 11:59:08 am »
when it comes to how many, and when, with supers and brood boxes, we really need to know where you are.  in your profile you can put your location.  that way the info you get will be better for you.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Curtammy

• New Bee
Re: Queen in super
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 01:05:38 pm »
Ahh,  yeah sorry meant to do that.  Northern Nevada little town called Golconda.
Also i have russian Cornilian bees
Curt and Ammy Gorsuch

anything