Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What's the most exotic honey ?  (Read 13308 times)

Offline Animator

• House Bee
    • Bee Nursery
Re: What's the most exotic honey ?
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 01:10:46 pm »
Well I have a farmer next door with genetically engineered sunflowers. He says they have no pollen. They are just starting to bloom.  I guess we'll see what happens.

I also have a few boxes at a Lychee farm. That might be interesting too. The mallelucca are blooming in Miami. Wouldn't mind tossing a few boxes out there.
Mike

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 01:39:13 pm »
I believe it was the year before last, a Beekeeper Friend let me try some Honey brought in from Hawaii, it had a white paste consistency and a taste that was out of this world, I don't know the nectar source, but I would like to try some more  :-D

http://www.volcanoislandhoney.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=110K8

A friend bought me back some from Hawaii and I could not believe the taste of this honey. Very interesting website if you get a chance to read about it.

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 02:37:31 pm »
I'm not exactly sure what exotic means, and I'm sure that there is good exotic and bad exotic, but when I open up a jar of goldenrod honey and the gentle aroma of goat pee* wafts my way, I usually blurt out something like "wow, that is exotic".**   :-D

I really do like that smell now.

*Disclaimer:I've never actually had the privilege of sampling the aroma of goat pee, but in my imagination it smells very much like old, well used, seldom washed gym socks that have been urinated on (not that I sniff those very often or at all, for that matter).

**Exotic might not be the exact word that say in the situation, but it sounds better and is much more acceptable in mixed company.

(I know, it really isn't all that bad, but that would spoil my post, now wouldn't it?)
Rick

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2009, 12:40:57 am »
(Loud snorting noises of laughter)!!!
The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson