Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Starting Bees in my Area  (Read 1232 times)

Offline sdracer12

• Brood
Starting Bees in my Area
« on: March 29, 2009, 02:29:28 pm »
Hello all, I am new to keeping bees, but am fairly familiar with the industry, including transportation and pollenation.  I was looking to get started in keeping bees with around 6-10 hives, and I live in a rural/farming area on 20 acres with access to alot of additional acres of farm and alfalfa/pasture land.  Anyway, would anyone have any ideas where I could purchase bee packages or nucs in my area?  I have done some searching but haven't come up with alot of options.  PM or Email would also be fine if it can't be posted on here.

I just found this site in the last 2 weeks and I am amazed at all the helpful tips and info there is here to read.  Thanks everyone!

Offline RayMarler

• Field Bee
Re: Starting Bees in my Area
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 08:48:40 pm »
Welcome to our forums here and glad to hear you're going to become a beekeeper. It's a great hobby and can give income for some. I can't help on where to purchase packages for you as I'm not in your area at all. Hopefully someone else in here will speak up with some options for you.

Offline sdracer12

• Brood
Re: Starting Bees in my Area
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 11:49:33 am »
Thank you for the warm welcome, I am excited to get going, lol.  It is still snowing here today, but the extended forcast is calling for warmer weather.  I am looking for boxes and equiment now, along with an outlet for packages of bees or nucs to begin this venture.