Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Mysteries and other unexpected things  (Read 7982 times)

Offline dragonfly

• House Bee
Mysteries and other unexpected things
« on: May 20, 2009, 11:39:52 pm »
I guess you could say I'm like Fox Mulder. I'm open to the possibility but I've never seen. Do any of you watch TV programs like Monster Quest, UFO Files, History Channel programs on UFO's and such? I've been looking for UFO's for about 20 years. I know a considerable number of people personally who say they've seen them. I'm open to the possiblity but have never seen evidence. Just curious as to if any of you have seen what you believe are aircraft or beings from other parts of the universe, ghosts, a bigfoot, whatever, if you don't mind saying so.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Re: Mysteries and other unexpected things
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 09:48:59 am »
I have seen some weird stuff in my life time. When you go without sleep three, sometimes five, days weird stuff starts happening. In my mind I drove through a bunch of barricades in a construction zone once. Another time I drove right through an eighteen wheeler loaded with bails of hay. I knew that I hadn't really done it but the perception was ..... well... weird.

Then there was this time I saw a round object traveling really fast up in the sky. UFO right? After all it was unidentified. Doesn't mean alien though does it? Later while contemplating it, I realized, with the cloud movement, traffic speed on the highway, the wind speed and lack of depth perception because of where it was in regard to everything else, it could have been, most likely was, a helium filled balloon  :roll:

There are a few times I have seen those high altitude weather balloons early in the morning. Those are really bright against the pre-sunrise sky.

:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 10:08:52 am »
My mother says she saw a UFO or really a flying saucer (it was not unidentified to her) She has told the story many many times and it is always pretty much the same. She grew up in the country and has experienced many things out there when they were younger.

Closest thing I ever saw was one morning I was driving into drill across the Atchafalaya spillway about 5am I saw these lights at first I thought they were Jet fighters but as they were flying they made some turns and stops that no aircraft could make. I was driving my Jeep with the top off and I had a perfect view of them. I can't explain what they were so I guess that classifies them as UFO.

Keith

Offline wayne

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 10:32:02 pm »
  When I was a boy a siren sounded like, well, a siren. The electronic thingies they have today were just comming out when this happened and no one local used them.
  I was at a friends house one afternoon when we all heard a strange pulsing noise from outside. We all looked at each other but we kept watching TV. The noise approached from the south west and left to the north east. At the time we didn't stop to think that no roads ran in that direction.
  A few moments later my friends grandmother ran in all excited about the "Flying Saucer" that just flew over the house. She discribed a large disc that was making the noise we heard. The sighting was written up in a couple UFO books later.
 A few years later I was with some friends and we were hunting "ground hogs" along the local railroad tracks. Actualy we were just walking shooting our bows and arrows at things along the tracks, but hunting was what we called it.
  At a point where the tracks spanned a large valley a high power line crossed at a right angle along the far side. In the air over the point where the tracks and line crossed there was a silver ball hanging in the air over the power lines. It looked to us like a silver Christmas ball ornament just hanging in the air. We saw it from about a half mile away and it stayed there for some time as we walked along the tracks And was still there when we turned off and went into a small thicket.  When we came out the other side it was gone.
  The last time was late at night on one of those super bright moonlit nights. You could see almost as well as in the day and I was riding with a date along a local highway.
  We were between towns and in a residental area when I saw a car stopped well ahead on the other side of the divided highway. I could see a man clearly standing outside the car in the road looking south across the road. I wondered what was wrong and started trying to look out the windows. I caught a glimps of something moving to the southern sky and stopped the car about a block from the other one.
  I opened the door and got out to look over the car.
  Comming from the south in an otherwise empty sky was a cloud that looked like a smoke ring. I kid you not it was a ring of wispy clouds that looked like a Hula Hoop covered in cotton. It was as round as round can be and you could look right through the hole at the stars. The hoop was covered in mist. The wisps seemed to flow from the lower surface up around the outside of the ring.
  The whole thing was moving quite fast and not a bit of the ring distorted or did any of the mist blow away as it moved.
  My lady friend freaked. She kept screaming for me to get in and get the Heck out of there. I stood and watched until it was well off to the north and even wanted to follow it but got over ruled.
  Several years later I saw the same story written up in a local paper in an artical on UFOs. The story was credited to a man who had to be the fellow I saw in the road that night.
  But other than that I haven't seen anything that strange.
I was born about 100 years too early, or to late.

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 11:10:06 pm »
this is a pretty narrow tunnel view of "our sky" quite far away, but the Universe is as thick with whole galaxies as -who knows how many barrels?- of tapioca pudding
even on only evolutionary calculations; the odds against intelligent life are probably beaten several times over (each galaxy contains -millions?- of suns.) like Carl Sagan used to say - billions and billions of stars. (enjoy the pic.) 8-)

http://hubblesite.org/gallery/album/entire/pr2009017a/web_print/

short answer - we probably aren't alone.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline dragonfly

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 11:19:17 pm »
Wow Wayne. those are impressive stories. :shock: Especially the smoke ring. I've not heard of one like that before.

Jerrymac- if I went that long without sleep, I would probably have some pretty weird stories to tell. :-D

Keith- no one in my family (that I know of) has ever seen anything like that. Maybe we are all just not paying attention. ;)
Something that does interest me about the UFO (specifically alien craft) question, is the history of artwork and cave etchings with things that look like UFOs or other-world beings. To me, this is the most convincing evidence that it is a definite possibility.

Thanks for sharing your stories. I'll keep looking upward. :)

Offline dragonfly

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 11:20:49 pm »
short answer - we probably aren't alone.

That's what I figure too. :)

Thanks for the link.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 06:35:44 am »
These are called "The Lubbock Lights". My parents were sitting on the porch in Plainview TX. and saw them moving South towards Lubbock.

http://www.ufocasebook.com/lubbocklights.html

By the way. The joke about the town's name is.... Way back in the covered wagon days, before there were any settlements out this way, some settlers were headed west. There they were crossing the wide open prairie where there was a lot if grass but not a tree in sight. The wife of one of the wagoners said, "Stop. I got to go."  To which the husband asked, "Right here in Plainview?"  :roll:
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline dragonfly

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 04:42:39 pm »
"Right here in Plainview?"  :roll:

:-D For real?
I figured it was just because the view is so plain. ;)

anything