Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 4718 times)

Offline artsie26

• New Bee
Hello Everyone
« on: April 14, 2009, 07:35:10 am »
      Hi, I'm from Ohio.......I'm sooooo glad I came across this site. I'm new to this type of forum stuff, so please be patient as I'm sure I'll make a few mistakes. I've only been keeping bees for 2yrs. without much success, so I'll be asking a lot of questions. I'll be busy today checking out all the older postings, and trying to learn my way around.
                           Artsie26

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 08:46:44 am »
Welcome to Beemaster.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 08:51:02 am »
Welcome artsie26 This is a great place to learn. The people here are willing to help you with what ever bee problem that you got. You will learn and make new friend's and have fun at Beemaster's form.

Irwin
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 09:24:57 am »
Hello and Welcome Artsie26
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 09:49:02 am »
Welcome!  This is a great place with lots of friendly typeists!

Feel free to ask questions, or if you feel funny about asking (I do sometimes) then feel free to use the search function.  Everything you can think of about bees has been discussed, although every situation is just enough different...  But we're a bunch of know-it-alls and love answering questions too  :-D

Rick
Rick

Offline jdpro5010

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 02:01:58 pm »
Welcome aboard Artsie26! I to am from the buckeye so if you need anything just ask away!

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 07:37:02 am »
Hello and Welcome!

I'm sure you'll find this forum to be a great place to learn more about bees and beekeeping. I started with the tutorials on the main Beemaster page over five years ago and it's been a fun journey. Let me also suggest the 'search' function. Many times I can find immediate answers to my questions in previous threads.

Are you involved with a local beekeeping club? Clubs are good places to find mentors and get connected with local beeks. Plus, since much of beekeeping is "location specific", clubs are good sources of local knowledge. Lots of good clubs in Ohio:
http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/Regional%20%26%20County%20Clubs/countyclubs.html

Offline artsie26

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 10:17:55 pm »
  Thanks for the welcome. I have just joined our counties bee keepers association, and went to my first meeting in March. For our May meeting we get to go on a field trip to a local keepers place and do some hands on....just us newbies, the rest are going to talk about queen rearing...(way to much for me to grasp right now). I think meeting with people in my area is going to help sooooo much.
With some time, experience, and a little luck, I just might know what I'm doing out there.
   I really enjoy looking through past posts.....but I'm starting to spend way to much time on the computer, and the weather is just starting to get nice. I wish I would have come across this site in the middle of Winter.
         artsie

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 11:28:45 pm »
Welcome to the bee world artsie!
 Life as you've known it is over....Thats what happens when you get into bees....Everything changes! (For the good mostly!)
 I come in here very day now since 3 springs ago! I just cant help it! This a a family to me! (The nice thing is, We all dont have to live together! :) )
 Are you an artist? If so, My wife is one too! Portraits is what she does!. If you are, PM me....Maybe that will make her wanna come into the forums a little more!

your friend,
john

Offline dpence

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 12:24:35 am »
Welcome aboard artsie26, lots of opportunity to learn and share experiences here.

David

Offline artsie26

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 08:13:55 am »
John,
        I'm not really an "artist" I WISH I could paint portraits like your wife does. I'm just a "little" artsie, I can draw a bit, and paint a bit, and I love working with clay. I really like anything to do with art, and I try to pass that on to my kids. Maybe one of them will grow up and be a real artist. They all have a bit of natural talent, so it's possible.
        I have a couple Uncles in TX, one in Austin (I've never been there) and the other in Little Elm, I think it's closer to Dallas ( I haven't been to visit there in over 15 yrs.) Do you live near to either of them? I know TX is a big place so most likely not.
         I really enjoy this site........I've already had help with a question or two, and was so surprised with how fast people responded.
and they didn't make you feel like an idiot for asking a dumb question. So I'm sure to be asking a ton more. :-D
          artsie

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 03:33:02 pm »
Im 2 hours north of Dallas, right on the red river,In wichita falls, off Hiway I-44 I used to know a guy from Toledo but thats been years ago.
Austin is a BEAUTIFUL place! I mean the terrain, and lakes, and Marble Falls and Johnson City.Its nothing like the rest of Texas( 'Cep maybe the eastern side of Texas).
Around Dallas, you really cant tell if your in Dallas or another city as they are all so jumbled up in a big area, really tite!
 Well,....All I gotta do is catch Janelle after shes had her 6 beers, tell her you've been here and you like art, and she's gonna think youre her best friend! She'll be beating me to try to find you in here! At least, now, she can use her own computer!
your friend,
john

Offline artsie26

• New Bee
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 05:03:15 pm »
 John-
   I'd love to see some of Janelle's art work. Could you post a picture of it somehow?
Toledo is west of me by about 3 hrs. I'm right between Akron and Cleveland...both cities take about an hour to get to. We cheer for all the Cleveland sports teams here. The Cavs are our big hope to bring a championship to Cleveland. The Browns.....Well, They need some more time, maybe the new head coach will make some big changes....hopefuly for the better.
         artsie

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 12:51:13 pm »
Artsie, welcome to our forum, great that you have found us.  Two years amongst the bees, keep on working with them, you will feel like you are successful, that will come.  This will be a place that you can lean on us for information, help -- a place to tell your stories, tales and experiences, we love new members and we love to listen.  Have that wonderful and most awesome day, health. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline fermentedhiker

• Field Bee
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 06:32:07 pm »
Welcome aboard.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

anything