Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Flow in Georgia  (Read 1767 times)

Offline Georgia Boy

• Field Bee
Flow in Georgia
« on: June 23, 2013, 12:01:06 pm »
Hey guys and gals in Georgia.

A nice easy question..... :-D

I really don't think when it comes to bees there is such a thing. LOL.

I am just west of Atlanta and was wondering does the flow stop or just slow down in our area?

When does it pick up again?

The bees are bringing in something just not much pollen.

Thanks David
"Give it All You've Got"
"Never give up. Never surrender."

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Flow in Georgia
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 12:28:37 pm »
Warning! rookie's thoughts;

I'm about 35 miles north of Montgomery, Al. Around here in mid summer there usually isn't much blooming for a while (I know not to be confused with nectar flow). Then it seems the fall stuff kicks in. There's a lot of open land due to farmer's calling it quits. Folks are raising cows and what farming that is going on can be handled with a combine. Anyway during late summer/fall a host of different wild flowers will start to bloom. Honeysuckle, golden rods, sireecia(sp), kudzu, and numerous others. I know this can't be  bad for them but I don't know just how good it is for them.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline don2

• Doak
  • Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 12:48:38 pm »
I noticed some stag horn sumac has already bloomed. Mimosa is in bloom, Kudzu should bloom in July/August. Summer wild flowers and. summer asters should start anytime, then the next big one starts some time in August, goldenrod. Anyone close to the Cotton growers should talk to them. It is starting to bloom and will be in bloom till Sept. Anyone that has buck wheat is in luck. it will bloom till frost cuts it down.  :) d2

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 04:16:07 pm »
Here is a popular beekeeper blog from an area close to you. By reading her entries you may be able to gather some local info:

http://beekeeperlinda.blogspot.com/
John 3:16

Offline Georgia Boy

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 08:52:09 pm »
Just got through cutting grass and going through my pasture. I was shocked to see some sweet privet and blackberry still blooming.

Went into hive #1 I had seen the bees drawing out comb on the foundationless frames that were VERY large. I was worried that it would be for drones but to my surprise it is being used for honey. I mean these cells are huge compared to the cells for workers.

Totally cool.

"Give it All You've Got"
"Never give up. Never surrender."