Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Yorkshire (England)  (Read 2292 times)

Offline v8landy

• New Bee
Hello from Yorkshire (England)
« on: July 29, 2008, 11:17:17 am »
Hi

I have been keeping bees for 2 years now.

Still class my self as a beginner.

I have just sold off 4 of my hives, having expanded to 9 hives and used up all equipment.

I will now be able to concentrace on the 4 I have left, with an aim to expand again next year.

Thanks

Look forward to posting and answering other peoples questions.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hello from Yorkshire (England)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 11:23:58 am »
V8landy.  Welcome to our forum.  It is nice to have new members from different parts of the world.  This will be a place where you can share your experiences, tell your tales, we love to listen.  So nice that you were able to sell of some of your bees.  Next year will be the year where you can make more colonies, and if you still want to only keep a few, make a few dollars more, how nice, eh?  Ask your questions, beekeeping I think has no end to the questions that people need to ask.  No question is ever considered irrelevant or dumb, by the way, hee, hee.  Enjoy your stay with us.  Have the most wonderful and awesomely great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline beekybuzzard

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 09:46:20 pm »
Hello and welcome to the forum. I grew up in York SC only about 20 miles from where I am now, but family tree says we had some relatives from Yorkshire a looooooooooooong time ago.
With the help of the Lord I hope to be a good and faithful Shepard to all that He allows me to attend.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 10:22:24 pm »
Hello V8landy!
Welcome to the forums!
 I was born near Cirencester...or more like Roughton. I didnt stay there long though. My sis wants to live in Bibury some day.
 Anyways, I think you'll like it here...Lots of questions and just as many answers :)

your friend,
john

Offline Pond Creek Farm

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 10:36:41 pm »
Welcome aboard.  One of my colleagues was born in Yorkshire before coming to the States as a child.  He has fond memories.  I look forward to reading your posts.
Brian