Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What's a 5 frame medium Nuc worth?  (Read 10023 times)

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
Re: What's a 5 frame medium Nuc worth?
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2014, 09:45:21 am »
Exactly!  I couldn't AGREE moreā€¦.
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2014, 11:52:18 am »
Kens in the HOUSE!!!  :-D

Good to see you Steve, it's been ages: hope all's well!!!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2014, 12:31:52 pm »
The mediums usually go for the same price.  The equipment costs the same and it's kind of a specialty market.  People who want mediums want them and it's worth the same price to have the bees on the frames you want rather than ones you don't want.

I think MB is exactly right on this...I got interested in bees in late 2012, did my research, and decided to go all medium 8 frame equipment.  Built all my equipment and started hunting for bees...It was at that time that I realized that medium Nucs were hard to find, at least in my area.  At the end of MUCH MUCH research, I found two options here in Louisiana, one was about a 4 hour drive from me, and the other about an hour....each way.  

Before I found the closer option, I was seriously considering and working on options to get the Nucs that were 4 hours away...I had no interest in messing with trying to transfer deeps to my mediums.  I was thrilled to find Medium Nucs within an hours drive and didn't think twice about paying the same price as a deep Nuc.

:th_thumbsupup:  :goodpost:

At is like I say before you can build value into your nuc

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

anything