Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Another newbee in NY  (Read 3267 times)

Offline HilltopDaisy

• New Bee
Another newbee in NY
« on: March 27, 2005, 09:24:11 pm »
Hi all.  I'm getting bees in May, for the very first time.  I have 2 hives ready to go.  I welcome correspondance from anyone nearby.  I live just north of Binghamton.  I also have a market garden and laying hens, goats and sheep, so honey is a natural addition.  Thanks, Daisy

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Another newbee in NY
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 09:44:32 pm »
It's amazing the members that have made their way to here from the NY Region - as a neighbor to the Sounth, I welcome you aboard the forum and hope that you get everythingt hing out of it that can help you successfully get your hives through this and many more seasons.

Have a blast and good beekeeping.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
Another newbee in NY
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 09:46:37 pm »
Good to have you Daisy. Seems you have a bunch of stuff going on at your place that you'll be able to share.

And.... I'd love it if you shared some pics of your chickens and goats in the farming section. Call me nutty, but it's just fun to see what other people are up to. :)

Beth

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Another newbee in NY
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 09:49:49 pm »
Totally off subject question:

I will be going to Watkins Glen this Summer - I'm wondering if you have any travel route suggestions from Central New Jersey ( any of the flolowing routes: Garden State Parkway, Rt70, Rt80, NJ Turnpike, PA Turnpike) or anything from Central, NJ through or near Binghamton and beyond to Watkins Glen - please note: I'll be driving a 37 ft motorcoach www.beemaster.com/bus.html and towing a car flat.

Just looking for a way to get here from there in under 7 hours - Kepp hearing 5 to 5.5 but my mapping software really isn't doing the trick, I thought maybe you make trips toward the shore and have a favorative way to go.

My actual Town is LAKEHURST, NJ if that helps  - appriciate it IF you have any ideas :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.