Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Me And Schawee, In The Bee Yard & We Pull Some Honey---July 3, 2010  (Read 5349 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Schawee and I were going to do a removal today but we ran into some inclimate weather. After lunch things cleared up so we decided to go to one of my bee yards and pull some honey.

This morning (July 4th) I was greeted by around 300 bees trying to rob the boxes out at my front door, but they didn't get very far. I added a fume board with beequick, ran them out and sealed the boxes.

BTW, Schawee was able to get home and watch the entire Nascar race as there was a rain delay.

That made for a very happy Schawee!  :-D

Thanks again for your help Schawee!

Happy 4th everyone!

We gonna do another removal real soon, y'all stay tuned now, ya here.  ;)

...JP

In The Bee Yard
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Me And Schawee, In The Bee Yard & We Pull Some Honey---July 3, 2010
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 06:34:59 pm »
Thanks Ken for moving them to the correct venue.

Hardwood, you were the one who inspired this video.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 07:07:41 pm »
Man. JP that's one fine lookin' bee yard! Have you thought about moving to pallets yet? Your gonna need 'em if you get much bigger (of course then you need the fork lift too...and trailer...and bigger truck...and...).

I'm wondering if that coonass honey is spicy :-D Probably not as spicy as that creamed honey I gave you at Bud's :shock:

Keep up the good work my friends, I'm loving every minute!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 09:07:24 pm »
I have thought of going to pallets, will most likely have to if I keep growing but I'm thinking of keeping in the 80-100 range for some time to come.

Now at 77.

Gonna help Schawee build up, he wants to go into winter with 50. I believe he's at 35 now.

Scott, I hate to say, I can't honestly remember where I put that spicy honey you gave me dang it! With all the stuff going on at Bud's, man, maybe its in my luggage, will have to check.

It was quite good BTW. Would be fantastic with PB.

...JP

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 02:54:11 am »
Nice bee yard JP. You and Schawee seem to mesh very well together, nice energy between you guys.  I enjoyed this video very much, and maybe one day I will be doing the same thing (pulling honey)

Annette
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 12:23:29 pm by annette »

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 07:07:18 am »
Annette, this is the bee yard I would have taken you to when you came to town for our short visit. Maybe next time.

...JP

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 12:24:14 pm »
Annette, this is the bee yard I would have taken you to when you came to town for our short visit. Maybe next time.

...JP

I had that feeling when I saw it.  I am still cursing myself for not going with you there.

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 01:13:35 pm »
Jp I learned about the honey defense this year myself, my nice gentle bees were testy (lots of investigating and some headbutting) at 10 feet and downright cranky at 5(aggressive headbutting and maybe a sting - one inch closer and the stings are on.), then they'd follow me about 20 yards. Well, I know for next year.
 That's a nice yard, I'll go into next year with 5 hive maybe 5+ a nuc. I'll go along with my wife and get to ten hives at some point, but I'm not in a huge hurry to get there and I'll resist going over 10 for some time I think.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 10:38:58 pm »
I like that trailer.    Are we going to see you extract now?   Love the videos.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 10:56:33 pm »
I like that trailer.    Are we going to see you extract now?   Love the videos.

Yes, that video is coming soon!

...JP

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 10:57:48 am »
JP, oh pa la, beautiful, sure did enjoy to watch you and Schawee (who is he?  do I know him from the forum?  may sound a little bit strange, but not aware of him, perhaps a new member?).  I see you and Schawee had on veils, smiling, smart, those bees can get rather onery when being robbed.  Nice videography, and oh yes, never realized you had such a strong accent, must be that deep south, beautiful days, in our beautiful world, filled full of sunshine, health and love.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 03:49:53 pm »
Cindi, Schawee's been on here about a year and a half I would guess. If you click on his name next time he posts it'll tell you when he joined Beemaster.

I met him at Bud2 in Macon, Mississippi this past April.

We started doing some removals together and I could see we had some kind of odd (but in a funny way) chemistry.

The first one was a shed removal and I accidentally popped an exterior lap board that flung a bunch of bees on him.

His response cracked me up, he said "that's it, just get 'em angry and all over me" something to that effect.

I still chuckle about that.

After that things just got more interesting, we removed a lot of hives and and had a ball doing so, pokin fun at each other.

...JP

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 12:04:14 pm »
JP, now that I think about it, I think I have indeed read some of Schawee's posts, going deep into the cobwebs of my mind.  You know that I have just not been as active on our forum as I once was, guess that is why the momentary laspse of memory.  It is funny how some people just get along, I believe it is to do with chemistry as well, nice that you found a great pal to help you in your mischievious little adventures, friend.  I'll be checking out your other videos as time allows, but that hasn't surfaced its head greatly yet.  Have that most wonderful and awesome day, with the beauty of great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything