Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My new helper and sidekick  (Read 2928 times)

Offline DennisB

• House Bee
My new helper and sidekick
« on: May 16, 2008, 11:25:00 pm »
a while back I posted a couple of pics of my grand-daughter and her new hive. Here she is in a old suit (waiting for her own in a smaller size) checking her hives with me. They were started from 5 frame nucs in mid April and are already filling out the second brood box. I am so proud of her!!!
Here are a few photos. I hope they come out ok.
What a great 7 year old!!! (her not me)

http://img221.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img221/5970/1210990528bn5.smil

Dennis

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
Re: My new helper and sidekick
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 12:22:57 am »
You are so very fortunate to have such a wonderful helper and she such a wonderful BeePaw. :)

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 12:25:59 am »
Great pic's, thanks for sharing.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 12:57:18 am »
Dennis, I am stunned by the beauty of these photos and your granddaughter. What a wonderful education she will be getting and it will stay with her for her entire life.

She is the one with the beautiful hive that inspired me to have my supers painted. I have an artist friend who is right now painting flowers on one of my supers.

Take care and keep up the wonderful mentoring.

Annette

Offline DennisB

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 09:42:22 am »
Annette,

She is a special one. Kylie fishes and hikes with her parents and spends a lot of time outdoors. She looks forward every year to morel mushroom time. Last year she picked the largest morel amongst the group. She has two hives. The one that we painted together and the one that we were checking. Here is a wonderful little article on the painted beehive panels in Slovenia. Click on the picture in the upper left corner and it expands to see better the great artwork the Slovenians used for a hundred years or so on their hives. Very inspiring.

Dennis

http://slonews.sta.si/index.php?id=1094&s=46

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 10:27:54 am »
You are blessed! She is a beautiful soul, you can see it in her eyes~!  How lucky you BOTH are, you for having her interest & help & her for having that special time with you, learning, participating.  Time with grandparents gives that unconditional no expectations, patient spoiling type of love & attention that parents can't give(and aren't supposed to..they are parents!!) Kids need that, specially in these times.  I am so looking forward to having grandchildren.  I miss the daycare kids & Amanda when she was little but am in another season of life now, kind of a transition, pause, whatever.  I remember spending the summers w/Nannie & Pop Pop, it fills a spot in your heart, you can pull out those treasured moments & feelings, get a different perspective on things.  As people get older & wiser there is more of the "how important will this be next week?" as they have lived long enough to know the answer! Oh man, this was sposed to be a short Your grandaughter is beautiful post... :roll:  Thank you for the pics!  Took me back in time AND to the future for a few moments!  Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard