Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: HiveTracks  (Read 9635 times)

Offline MikeTheBeekeeper

• New Bee
HiveTracks
« on: February 02, 2014, 01:05:20 am »
I have an account on hivetracks.com. Haven't really got around to enter accurate information of my hives and apiary but I think it will be useful.

I thought at first that it was a cool idea but a waste of time, but now I think it could actually be very useful in the long run, especially if my operation grows the way I plan it to. Knowing my hives' strength, stores, and other information from my desk at home and being able to plan according to that information seems more efficient than having to go through notes on scrap papers or having to use memory to determine what I need to do the next day or make plans of that sort.

What does everyone think? Would you use this application to manage your apiary(ies)?

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
Re: HiveTracks
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 10:31:35 am »
I find it useful to keep track of queens and few other tasks.
I don't have enough hands to work the hives and write at the same time.
So I bought a cheap voice recorder and just leave in a pocket. Works great!
I enter the data after getting home.
They have a pro version coming out.

Offline drlonzo

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 08:11:09 am »
I like the fact that you can print out labels for your hives.  They have the full scan code and all that you can use.  Staple them to the hive and you're done.  Makes keeping track of each one a little simpler.

Offline Packrat3wires

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 11:16:48 pm »
I agree with using hivetracks.    Sadly I don't enter everything in like I should but it helps me keep track of the important data.
"evil prevails when good men fail to act"   Edmund Burke

quilaho

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 04:16:32 pm »
Did any of you go pro?

I signed up for HiveTracks at the beginning of the season, setup my yard and hives, and did the first inspection with it. After that, I don't think I ever went back.

I think the problem is that I'm a geek for a living and bees are part of a set of things I do to get away from technology. However, I'm going to be attempting to ramp up next season so I'm going to need to use something to do a better job of tracking activities. HiveTracks will probably be the answer.

Offline Squirrelhead

• Brood
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 05:11:38 pm »
I am a new beekeeper with just 2 hives right now but I am using HiveTracks to help keep records in a central place. I like that I can check my inspection notes from work or anywhere else. It helps me to remeber things that I need or wanted to do before I get out there. I just have to remember to enter the notes in a timely manner.

Offline capt44

• Field Bee
  • If it don't work I'll always think it should have
    • RV BEES
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 05:27:47 pm »
I have been using Bee Tight record program for 3 years now.
I use the Pro Version of it.
I can keep records on up to 1,000 hives using Bee Tight at $15.00 a year.
Richard Vardaman (capt44)

Offline Nugget Shooter

• House Bee
    • Nugget Shooter
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 02:34:48 pm »
I use it as well, easy and helps me remember things  :cheesy:
Learning to manage without meddling...

Offline KeyLargoBees

• Field Bee
    • Pirate Hat Apiary
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 03:13:20 pm »
I used it last year when I had 2-3 hives.....when I broke 20 hives this spring i broke the app....they have a cap at 20 and state to contact them if you have more than 20 hives....sent them several e-mails and its been crickets for months now so I cancelled my sub and am using top cover notes in a grease pencil and a voice recorder on my phone while inspecting to dictate and then transferring reninders and major notes to  a spreadsheet and an outlook calendar for reminders ;-)
Jeff Wingate

Changes in Latitudes...Changes in Attitudes....are Florida Keys bees more laid back than the rest of the country...only time will tell!!!
piratehatapiary@gmail.com https://www.facebook.com/piratehatapiary

Offline BeePastor

• New Bee
    • Old World Heritage Farm
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 11:13:03 am »
So I am a first year beek.  I figure if I start out right, it will be easier to stay on top of all this.  I have looked at hive tracks and beetight fairly in depth.  Is there really any major differences or is it mostly just the interface that is different?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk