Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: FatBeeMan Vandalized  (Read 5679 times)

Offline Steel Tiger

• Field Bee
FatBeeMan Vandalized
« on: May 07, 2013, 04:35:41 pm »
 Anyone who watches youtube videos on bees has run into Don's videos and knows that he not only teaches people how to raise bees, he also raises bees to sell. He posted this video today.

FatBeeMan

I hope everyone who sees this hopes onto his youtube page and offer him support for this cowardly act against him.
I think David "Georgia Boy" said he was picking up 2 nucs from him today, maybe he'll have more news to share whenever he gets home.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 04:46:13 pm by Steel Tiger »

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: FatBeeMan Vandalized
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 04:43:55 pm »
that's a shame.  probably no chance of catching who ever did it, except to get the word out and hope someone gets drunk and talks.

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline nietssemaj

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 04:49:20 pm »
That isn't a shame.. its criminal. My bet would be someone who lives nearby.

Offline Steel Tiger

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 04:53:44 pm »
I was thinking an unsatisfied former student.

Moots

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 04:59:05 pm »

That would be my first thought also...Either that or stupid bored kids!

It's the kind of thing you would love to drive up on and catch them in the act!

Offline squidink

• House Bee
    • www.bensbees.com.au
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 05:57:31 pm »
That's disgusting someone would do that! It might be kids thinking its funny..

Offline Bees In Miami

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 06:13:12 pm »
Now THAT is CRIMINAL and absolutely heartbreaking!!!   :'(   :'(   :'(   I have learned a lot from him on You Tube.  I find it hard to believe even a disgruntled student would do something like that not only to him, but to the bees.  I am absolutely sickened to see this.  Very very sad.  I can only pray they somehow catch the jerk(s)!!! 

Offline CJ

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 08:40:24 pm »
That really sucks!!! I've learnt loads from him on youtube over the last 12 months - Cant imagine why anyone would have anything against him... Hopefully karma goes out and breaks some kneecaps!?!

Offline rober

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 09:05:46 pm »
he needs to invest in some camoflage game cameras. the infra red sensor not flash type. it would be tempting to set some booby traps but that would end in jail time, a lawsuit, or both. it looks like a rural area so he might have some luck discretely asking around some local stores whether a kis or kids just bought a bunch of spray cans of pesticide.

Offline Nonprophet

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 09:27:01 pm »
Wow. How sad. I hope that he can save as many bees as possible, and I hope that they can catch the cowards that did this.....
"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little."
—Franklin D. Roosevelt

Offline Georgia Boy

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 10:01:04 pm »
Spoke to Don this morning before he had a chance to check the damage and he had mentioned the vandalism.

We had already postponed me picking up my medium nucs because of the weather we've been having here in Georgia. Cold and a lot of rain for the past 5 days. The bees in the mediums haven't really built up yet.

A lot of what got hit this morning was his deep nucs. 

It really make no sense for anyone to do something like this. Not that it will do any good but I hope the police are involved.

I will try and talk to him tomorrow and get an update.

David
"Give it All You've Got"
"Never give up. Never surrender."

Offline PLAN-B

• House Bee
  • When all else fails go to PLAN-BEE
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 10:14:29 pm »
Have watched many of his videos for sure... Disgusting  :( hope they catch em...
Marshall

Offline Georgia Boy

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 10:19:54 pm »
Sent a news tip to 11 Alive. Hope they follow up. Maybe they can help catch the people who did this.

Don is a really good guy and didn't deserve this.

David
"Give it All You've Got"
"Never give up. Never surrender."

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 11:13:17 pm »
I wonder how the comb inside the hives look.   He feeds all those hives so it would have had to been poison sprayed into the hives.  Sad to see Don set back so.  And after we are putting up with this crap wet cold spring this year.   

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 12:15:59 am »
I hope he found some empty spray cans with finger prints on them. I also hope somebody took a few hundred stings.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline greenbtree

• Field Bee
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 01:29:03 am »
I just can't wrap my head around the actions of some people, I really can't.  So sorry this happened.  Sometimes it seems the more you try to help people, the more of a target you become.  Hope they catch whoever did this.  Would this be a felony because of the dollar value of all those hives?

JC
"Rise again, rise again - though your heart it be broken, or life about to end.  No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend, like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again!"

Offline Caelansbees

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013, 01:43:51 am »
Yes it's very sad. But he lost a ton of his yearly earnings helping all of us. Either by nuc,queen or video, FBM has given you something. What will you do? I'm going to send him something.  A polite urging of all to do the same.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 03:11:51 am »
Yep, time to invest in a game camera.  Unfortunately they’ve almost become a necessity anymore.  :(

Let’s hope the cops would accept a video of vandalism and not just write a report.  All the $$$ damage Don suffered easily looks like a felony to me.  

Hopefully Don had at least one nuc of Africans that pursued the vandals.  :-D

Offline Better.to.Bee.than.not

• Field Bee
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 06:58:15 am »
Don's been a major inspiration to me, and tons of help and ideas on doing things. We had a similar incident happen in Michigan recently,a search on google of "michigan mans bees sprayed vandalized" will bring it up.
People are just idiots.... This is one of my greatest fears actually in doing this, and I just started, about how a neighbour can just spray my hives or something over a fence (Unlike a lot of you, I am doing this in the city.) all the time and effort, not to mention expense and then just to have some fool with a $5 can of spray come and wipe them all out, is something nightmares are made of.

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 09:43:22 am »
That's a shame, I feel bad for ya Don. :(