Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: wow. i need help! a vegan wants to tour my bee yard! she asked me a few questi  (Read 12626 times)

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
There are a bunch of vegan web sites out there with a lot of misinformation about beekeeping.  The bees can leave anytime they want.  The other things pushed on the vegan sites are the ideas that bees are killed off every winter and that all the queens are instrumentally inseminated.  While some people do both of these things they are rare, and not the common methods of beekeeping.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
The "truth" depends on where one stands

relativism - T Beeks forte.

Worked for Einstein  :-D
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee

Of course I'm right, and the position is not faith based its 'science' based.  Basic organic biology (think fungi).

WOW!  I'd call that argument a  S T R E T C H, at best!  But WHATEVER.... :-D

Stretch your mind Brother.  The eventual breakdown of all living things turning into other living things IS science IS life.  

NO DEATH, ONLY CHANGE OF LIFE.  See the Cat, see the cradle?    One must only look to see  :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:14:40 am by T Beek »

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee

Stretch your mind Brother.  The eventual breakdown of all living things turning into other living things IS science IS life.  

NO DEATH, ONLY CHANGE OF LIFE.  See the Cat, see the cradle?    One must only look to see  :)

"No Death, only change of Life"...  Hmmm, I've never been able to hold a conversation to those who've had a "change in life."  But, they are not dead?  They sure looked, acted and even smelled dead to me.  It sounds like new age Lola Granola gobbledygook.  As one organism's life cycle ends other organisms exploit this and consume the undefended resources until all resources are depleted.  It does not change the fact that the original organism has died.  It's not coming back, it's gone.

As for dealing with a "true" Vegan, don't even waste your time.  Hit your thumb with a hammer, it's faster and less painful.
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee

"No Death, only change of Life"...  Hmmm, I've never been able to hold a conversation to those who've had a "change in life."  But, they are not dead?  They sure looked, acted and even smelled dead to me.  It sounds like new age Lola Granola gobbledygook.  As one organism's life cycle ends other organisms exploit this and consume the undefended resources until all resources are depleted.  It does not change the fact that the original organism has died.  It's not coming back, it's gone.

As for dealing with a "true" Vegan, don't even waste your time.  Hit your thumb with a hammer, it's faster and less painful.

Look deeper, you pretty much explained the premise I presented with the very rendition you presented.  Hmmm.  Sounds exactly like change of life to me.......... ;)

Heard a good one the other day;  Vegans, they don't eat meat, dairy, eggs and have no sense of humor.  Wonder why?  Maybe they're just hungry.  :-D

Now don't get me wrong, I love vegans as much as carnivores.  Right wingnuts AND left wingnuts alike  :shock:

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
i can't believe i'm joining this but i agree that there are physical changes and that where one life ends other lives benefit.  but that doesn't explain the spiritual aspect which is what i think makes us "alive".  so unless there is some energy that we all become part of (hopefully a consciousness of some kind) then it is more death than change to me.
what a thread vonnegut was referenced and einstein was mis-referenced (relativity is what worked for him) and the circle of life was covered.  put that all together and you get on freaky version of the lion king.

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
"Everything is One" thing..................only "One" thing. 

Is that faith or science?  Or is it something else?.......Sorry for any misdirection, 'mis-referencing' or straying from the topic......... :embarassed:  Its inspiring to have these conversations, no? 

One; The loneliest number  :-D

"We could have saved the Earth but we were too d..mn cheap"   K Vonnegut

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
ha!  this one ran off topic (and deep) pretty fast.  it's definitely been an interesting one, though.  you don't run across many vonnegut fans often in my world (construction in dixie). 

Offline deknow

• Field Bee
    • Golden Rule Honey, LLC
...and in a cruel twist of irony, we find that the vegan diet actually makes vegans more delicious when you cook them.  I say we encourage veganism as much as possible...at least until the feast....er, I mean "culling" :)

deknow

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
...and in a cruel twist of irony, we find that the vegan diet actually makes vegans more delicious when you cook them.  I say we encourage veganism as much as possible...at least until the feast....er, I mean "culling" :)

deknow

no fat makes for dry stringy meat........

Offline deknow

• Field Bee
    • Golden Rule Honey, LLC
I have a one word response:

Moo

deknow

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
well, if we pen raise and grain feed them that's different.  i was thinking free range.
is vegan veal cruel?

this has been a wild thread.  now we have cannibalism in the mix, doesn't get much more circle of life than that.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
adamant - update?

Has the article been printed yet?
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline adamant

• House Bee
http://www.bikinator.com/blog/2013/september/vegans-to-eat-honey-or-not.html   

here is the article. long... read the whole thing!

Offline tjc1

• Field Bee
http://www.bikinator.com/blog/2013/september/vegans-to-eat-honey-or-not.html   

here is the article. long... read the whole thing!

+1 - a very thoughtful article by someone who took the trouble to ask questions and find out for themselves - with the help of a friendly local beek!

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
very good article.  you did good too.  i had my doubts!  not about you, but about the outcome :-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline millipede

• House Bee
    • Bayou Bees
I am glad she got the experience and to share. Good job. She looked like she had fun as well.

Offline jredburn

• House Bee
    • Poorboybees
You can never win when you play the other persons game.  Change the rules and tell her to take a hike.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Looks like you won big on that one.She seems to be a good friend to have, for you and the bees. Beautiful job by both of you.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
awesome
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

anything