Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Vote in the USA Today gun poll  (Read 14943 times)

Offline danno

• Super Bee
Vote in the USA Today gun poll
« on: October 20, 2009, 01:36:22 pm »
Obama's new Attorney General has already said this is one of his major issues.
This takes literally 2 clicks to complete. Please vote on this gun issue question with USA Today. It will only take a few seconds of your time.. Then pass the link on to all the pro gun folks you know. Hopefully these results will be published later this month. This upcoming year will become critical for gun owners with the Supreme Court accepting the  District of Columbia  case against the right for individuals to bear arms.

First - vote on this one.

Second - launch it to other folks and ask THEM vote.

Vote in the USA Today poll - click on the link below.

The Question is:
"Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms?"

Vote at link below and vote Yes!:  Please

USATODAY.com - Quick Question

http://www.usatoday.com/news/quickquestion/2007/november/popup5895.htm

« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 08:32:15 am by danno »

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Vote in the USA Today gun poll
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 05:51:22 pm »
I tried the link, and got a USA today page but it said the question was not found. Can you try posting again?

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline LSBees

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 06:21:38 pm »

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 06:37:03 pm »
Worked for me.
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 09:31:22 pm »
So they are asking us if the amendment that says "... the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." gives individuals the right to bear arms... I'm confused.  What is the question again?
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 07:17:10 pm »
I am all for open carry myself. Would eliminate the concealed carry permit, nothing concealed, right??

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 11:27:27 pm »
There is some Question as to what "concealed" means.
If it is a holstered weapon then it is considered concealed, because all of it cannot be seen.
That is why some states have changed and no longer issue a concealed or an open carry permit.
It is only a carry permit. To be carried which ever way you prefer.

If a hand gun is in a holster or if you are holding it, it is partially concealed. And that in it's self cannot be defined as open carry. Thank you very much
doak

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 11:38:18 pm »
To G3farms, If you get a permit, please don't get an open carry.
You will always have to have in the open. If you put it in your auto trunk then you can be charged with carrying a concealed weapon, loaded or not.  :)doak

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 06:54:12 am »
There is some Question as to what "concealed" means.
If it is a holstered weapon then it is considered concealed, because all of it cannot be seen.
That is why some states have changed and no longer issue a concealed or an open carry permit.
It is only a carry permit. To be carried which ever way you prefer.

If a hand gun is in a holster or if you are holding it, it is partially concealed. And that in it's self cannot be defined as open carry. Thank you very much
doak
I'm pretty sure Vermont and Alaska are the only two states in the union that allow "Open Carry". In any other state that you allow any part of your gun or holster to be seen it is considered "Unlawful Display" which is strictly forbidden if you have a Concealed Carry Permit. 

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 07:00:01 pm »
Georgia Has a carry permit. It doesn't matter what state of carrying the permit carrier use's.
Doesn't have to be visual, doesn't have to be concealed. any which way you do it Is lea gel in Ga.
That is why Ga. went with the "carry" permit. Concealed or open carry plays no part in the permit.
I don't know how other states are, but if the ones that recognize Ga permits it would be the same for that individual. in that state.
doak :)

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 07:18:03 pm »
Check this out when you get a few spare minutes doak and you'll see at least part of what you are posting isn't correct. Georgia does NOT allow open carry. I'll post what I found in the Georgia laws here once I can get to my other computer so you can see for yourself. http://www.gunlaws.com/
 Whenever you cross any state line you have to obey that states laws even if they recognize your permit from your home state. If your home state allows "Open Carry" that is the only time legally you are allowed to have your weapon or holster in plain sight.

Offline wayne

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 11:56:13 am »
 Does anyone here believe that these people care what you think?
I was born about 100 years too early, or to late.

Offline Mason

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 12:40:08 pm »
Georgia gun laws

http://crime.about.com/od/gunlawsbystate/p/gunlaws_ga.htm

You can carry a loaded weapon in your car in either plain sight or in the center console or glove compartment without a permit.  If you do not have a carry permit you can not carry on your person visible or not.  You can however transport a firearm provided it is in a case and separate from the ammo.

It is also worth noting you can legally blow someone away in Georgia if they are car jacking you.  In Kennesaw Georgia it is a misdemeanor for a household to NOT own a firearm.

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 01:21:35 pm »
Yea, did it again. Didn't put things in order.
The transportation part can get confusing with the carry part.

The permit in Ga allows you to carry open or concealed.
Which allows you to have it in the clove compartment loaded. Which the transporting part doesn't allow it loaded in the glove compartment.

To Wayne, I could care less about what "these" people care about what I think.
Who are these people you speak of?
doak

Offline Mason

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 01:44:46 pm »
The permit in Ga allows you to carry open or concealed.
Which allows you to have it in the clove compartment loaded. Which the transporting part doesn't allow it loaded in the glove compartment.

No, per GA law you are allowed to carry a loaded firearm in your glove compartment without a permit.

Exceptions: No license is required:

1. To carry a firearm, openly or concealed, in one's home or place of business.

2. To transport a firearm, unloaded, enclosed in a case and separated from ammunition, provided the possessor is not ineligible to obtain a license to carry.

3. To transport a loaded firearm in a private motor vehicle, provided it is carried in an open manner fully exposed to view, or is in the vehicle's glove compartment, console, or similar compartment.
Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 11:02:43 pm »
>>>>I'm pretty sure Vermont and Alaska are the only two states in the union that allow "Open Carry".<<<<

Nope, NC allows open carry without a permit. Concealed carry with a permit.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 12:34:11 am »
Ga. law allows carry on person with permit, concealed or open was my concern.
doak :) :)

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 09:59:08 am »
>I'm pretty sure Vermont and Alaska are the only two states in the union that allow "Open Carry".

I'm sure that's not true.  Except for the city of Omaha, you can open carry in Nebraska and you can open carry in Wyoming.  I'm pretty sure all the Western states have open carry.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 10:02:50 am »
I'm pleased to see the number of YES votes in the poll. But the framing of the question only speaks of the writer's ignorance. (I often find journalists astoundingly ignert.) the constitution does not "grant" or "Give" rights - it spells out specific rights that are inherent to ALL human beings; and guarantees that the United States government won't interfere with them. (I think all people are born with rights, but may be raised or conditioned to believing that they aren't rights to be asserted or demanded, but privileges to be ignored or denied by their "rulers").

wayne: no.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline Vibe

• House Bee
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 11:18:43 am »
I'm pleased to see the number of YES votes in the poll. But the framing of the question only speaks of the writer's ignorance. (I often find journalists astoundingly ignert.) the constitution does not "grant" or "Give" rights - it spells out specific rights that are inherent to ALL human beings; and guarantees that the United States government won't interfere with them. (I think all people are born with rights, but may be raised or conditioned to believing that they aren't rights to be asserted or demanded, but privileges to be ignored or denied by their "rulers").

wayne: no.
I agree completely. The semantically correct answer would be no, however, since I very much doubt that the people conducting the poll would know the fine legal difference - I would still answer yes. It's not a SCOTUS based debate location.
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius -