Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Goldenrod finally here  (Read 1896 times)

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Goldenrod finally here
« on: September 09, 2005, 05:33:00 am »
Well the goldenrod is finally starting to bloom and now I get to see what everybody was talking about, I get to judge for myself if it is a bad smelling odor, see what goldenrod honey taste like, been waiting along time to try some goldenrod honey, hope I can get a bunch of it.
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Dale

• New Bee
    • Northeastern PA Beekeeping
Goldenrod finally here
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 08:25:12 pm »
TWT said -->Well the goldenrod is finally starting to bloom and now I get to see what everybody was talking about, I get to judge for myself if it is a bad smelling odor, see what goldenrod honey taste like, been waiting along time to try some goldenrod honey, hope I can get a bunch of it.

Its been in bloom in PA for about one week. Really noticed the observation hive putting honey away today.  Almost seems like it happened overnight!

The honey tends to taste "lemony".  I know of alot of people who like it.  It will crystalize rather quickly though.  I'm hoping for 10-15 supers full this season. Walked down by the hives the other day, and could smell it.  That sounds good, but I'll bet the bears can smell it too!  Can only hope this year, and maybe invest into a solor fencer next year.

[/b]
Dale Richards
Dal-Col Apiaries
Drums, PA
www.hazleton.net/users/dalcol

Offline lee

• House Bee
    • http://budsbees.com
Goldenrod finally here
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 11:47:08 pm »
goldenrod has been here for about 2week's. so i put a box on ever hive because the other one's was full. and the bee's just stop nothing. and goldenrod is ever where.

anything