Welcome, Guest

Poll

Ok guys, roving pokeman, this avatar or another one, what ya think?

pokemon avatar
5 (41.7%)
new avatar
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Surprise, surprise, surprise!  (Read 7484 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Surprise, surprise, surprise!
« on: January 23, 2008, 11:28:00 am »
Thought I'd post this here. I get a kick outta this everytime I see it. This is what happens when you don't do anything about them for a while.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus/BeePicsOctoberAndEarlyNovember2007

Sincerely, JP

My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline dpence

• Field Bee
Re: Surprise, surprise, surprise!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 02:01:34 pm »
Nice colony...LOL. 

Offline MrILoveTheAnts

• Field Bee
    • Biodiverse Gardens
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 02:11:17 pm »
What a strange place to build a hive. Where they deeper in the walls or behind the shutter?

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 03:22:24 pm »
I am guessing that they were not in the walls.. They would have built the comb in the walls wouldn't they if they could have gotten in?? That was awsome!! I love the shot of the gal looking out the window, that is absolutely perfect.
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 09:51:01 pm »
I am guessing that they were not in the walls.. They would have built the comb in the walls wouldn't they if they could have gotten in?? That was awsome!! I love the shot of the gal looking out the window, that is absolutely perfect.

And the nod goes to....Frantz. This was one of the strangest hives I've yet to deal with. Behind the shutter doors was a ton of comb and bees. It was as though the bees thought the area behind the shutter door was a void space.

Sincerely, JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline Gena

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 02:47:53 am »
Way strange - I guess they must not use their patio for much.... definitely not on the parade route. What did you do with them?G (ps i see the adding photos tutorial...)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 03:01:05 am »
Way strange - I guess they must not use their patio for much.... definitely not on the parade route. What did you do with them?G (ps i see the adding photos tutorial...)

Hi Gena, how you been? You might wanna check your messages on here, I pmed you a couple of weeks ago. Was wondering if you and yours had a good season this yr. Anyway, I transfered this hive to a hive body and relocated them to my main beeyard. This is what I do with most of the feral hives I come across. Some I give to friends. I don't have any other pictures of this one, as I was busy doing a lot of back and forth and climbing stairs, etc...

Sincerely, JP

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 07:48:08 pm »
JP,
I have a great respect for you and yours now!!! I went through all the pics on your album site. Wow! you have done few removals huh!! That was very educational and inspiring. I can wait to screw up my first couple of removals. I must remember to photograph along the way. Anyway, not that it matters coming from such a greenie, but that was very cool....
F
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 12:57:36 am »
I have to remind myself to take pictures. I am fortunate to get the calls that I do.  I have fun doing removals and most people are fascinated with the process. Yesterday, a guy and his wife, his dad and a few of his friends watched me remove a hive from his bathroom wall. We all had a fun and interesting time, the honey is fantastic, I was able to show them drone brood vs worker brood, and they were thrilled to see the queen, which I found after all the contents of the hive were removed, which is usually the case, at least for me, anyway. Here's a few pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus/BEEREMOVALINGRETNAFORCAZEBUTLER12308

Have a good one, JP

Offline Gena

• New Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 01:23:08 am »
JP - re; messages - been busy. I did reply.  I'm glad you don't exterminate them.  Nice to see you have "Queen Bee" status.  lol. Gena

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 01:35:11 am »
Gena, got your message and had sent you a reply last night. Honeybees are so fascinating and beneficial, they are way worth saving. The more I learn and the more I fool with honeybees the more enamored I become. Thanks for the positive feedback.

Have a great one, JP

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 10:14:39 am »
JP, wow, what a pleasure it is to see all the stuff that you are doing, all I can say is wow!!!  Where is your flailing pokemon in your avitar, I miss him, hee, hee.  Awesome and beautiful day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 11:31:16 am »
JP, wow, what a pleasure it is to see all the stuff that you are doing, all I can say is wow!!!  Where is your flailing pokemon in your avitar, I miss him, hee, hee.  Awesome and beautiful day.  Cindi

Cindi, I thought I'd update my avatar. Some people didn't like seeing the roving pokeman but if ya'll wanted to vote it back I could always bring him back. What do you think? Pokeman or not?

Pokeman or not, JP

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 11:34:23 am »
JP, OK, you need to do a poll.  I don't know how to do it, but I don't think it would be too hard.  Many of us know each other fairly well.  We get very used to the look of an avitar picture.  I love your pokemon character.  When you have some time, figure out how to do a poll.    I know that you are good at figuring things out.  Just look at how you got to a'figurin' how to put posts and videos on our forum for your friends to see.  Hee, hee.  Now, are you up for a challenge?  If you are, take that ball and fly!!!!  Have an awesome day.  Cindi

One day I will figure out the perfect picture to upload for my avitar, just have so many to chose from that I can't even begin to go there, yet......C.
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 12:03:24 pm »
A poll.

Old or new avatar?, JP

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 01:51:53 pm »
I miss him, bring him back!!!!!! This one is boring. Although, what other ones do you have up your sleeve???

Annette

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2008, 09:48:51 pm »
UP gradeing is a good thing -the pokey man looks angry -not sure about the electric cat -it is a cat isnt it  8-) RDY-B

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2008, 11:10:43 pm »
No please, not the flashing cat. I may start having an epileptic fit. Anything else up your sleeve????

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2008, 03:47:02 am »
Ok, how about this one?

Misbeehaving, JP

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2008, 06:53:48 am »
Jello Bee?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

anything