Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Brushy Mt. Free Shipping from Dec 1 to Dec 19 use code "SANTA ABJ"  (Read 20021 times)

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
Re: Brushy Mt. Free Shipping from Dec 1 to Dec 19 use code "SANTA ABJ"
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2008, 02:07:22 pm »
I LOVE saving on shipping. Whenever I pay alot in shipping it makes me think how I could have bought like 5 supers for that price or some similar cost in supplies and it drives me crazy.
I ended up putting in a second order last week and have saved over $150.00 in shipping already.
Not too shabby.

Offline tlozo

• New Bee
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2008, 02:45:57 pm »
Ordered on Monday from Brushy and it was delivered on Thursday. Awesome. Don't know where I'm going to hide all these boxes from my wife. :)

Offline Nate

• House Bee
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2008, 03:02:51 pm »
Hrm, maybe i should order something from them for free shipping too :P   jk

I would rather drive down there and enjoy awhile of chatting while they packaged up my stuff :)  about 5 miles away.

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2008, 06:02:47 pm »
Nate, they must have to charge you sales tax if they ship it to you then? We've been to the store twice and thought we'd save money until we saw what the sales tax was. Cheaper for us to have them ship it to us.
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2008, 07:09:45 pm »
Nate, they must have to charge you sales tax if they ship it to you then? We've been to the store twice and thought we'd save money until we saw what the sales tax was. Cheaper for us to have them ship it to us.

Although we do love the drive up there - we've been there twice now.  And you never know who'll you'll meet in the parking lot!

We met Kim Flottum down there - can't put all three of us in one picture because someone had to hold the camera!

Jennifer Berry was there buying 100 (!!) hives - it was a tossup whether or not the trailer could take the load, but it did!  She was there with her dog, I can't remember what his name was:

We spent quite a bit of time talking to Shane Gebauer about northern beekeeping - he had moved down to NC to work at Brushy after managing Betterbee in NY, he knew what cold weather beekeeping was like!

If we go back down south again we'll no doubt make the trip up the mountain again!

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2008, 09:29:38 pm »
Ordered on Monday from Brushy and it was delivered on Thursday. Awesome. Don't know where I'm going to hide all these boxes from my wife. :)

Its funny you say that, I feel the same about my husband seeing the boxes.
I have a joke going with my UPS guy, I swear that guy only shows up when my husband is home!
My husband could be gone all day and then the minute he comes home my delivery guy shows up with 8 boxes.
Plus, how do you hide all those big boxes?
Its a good thing my hubby is okay with all this, probably only because he likes the beekeeping idea too and he knows that I am usually not much of a spender when it comes to myself , that and he can't afford to divorce me. ;)

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2008, 09:49:35 am »
This is great for you guys and gals on the other side of the river. We don't get free shipping out to Oregon. But I'm glad that you all are getting free shipping and saving some big buck's :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Two Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2008, 09:54:44 am »
NC Beekeepers get only one bonus this time of year...............free shipping! 

But out of state beekeepers get two bonuses................free shipping and no sales tax!

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 02:47:52 pm by Two Bees »
"Don't know what I'd do without that boy......but I'm sure willin' to give it a try!"
J.D. Clampett commenting about Jethro Bodine.

Offline JordanM

• House Bee
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2008, 12:00:35 pm »
I punched in the PCCM code yesturday and it still accepted it, so it must still be going.

Does anyone know brushys e-mail address, i cant find it and i would like to know if this product is for an 8 or 10 frame hive:
http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com/prodinfo.asp?number=777

Offline malabarchillin

• House Bee

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2008, 03:45:42 pm »
I punched in the PCCM code yesturday and it still accepted it, so it must still be going.

Does anyone know brushys e-mail address, i cant find it and i would like to know if this product is for an 8 or 10 frame hive:
http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com/prodinfo.asp?number=777

Thats for the 10 frame fume board-- 254FPQ is for the 8 frame.

Offline JordanM

• House Bee
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2008, 08:40:36 pm »
Thanks Natalie, they should clarify that a little more though.

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2008, 04:15:21 pm »
Besides the free shipping they are extremely nice people to deal with. After we had already placed an order I called there this morning and asked them if I could add on to it. She stopped the order from being shipped and added the new items. Better than other vendors I've dealt with.
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2008, 09:10:52 am »
I just placed anorder with them it estimated my shipping cost as 1.50. not that i am complaining about 1.50 but was wondering if everyone elses did the same

Keith

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2008, 09:13:47 am »
Keith, shipping charges show up on the order confirmation but they're credited once the order ships, I guess.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2008, 10:32:52 am »
I think the 1.50 is for handling it may just show up in the shipping part.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2008, 10:43:14 am »
LIke I said I would gladly pay the 1.50 considering shipping normally ranges around 100.00 bucks :-D
You really can't beat this deal for sure.

Keith

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2008, 09:33:51 pm »
I just wanted to say that the shipping estimator for shipping on the Brushy Mountains site is way off.
I ordered something a while back online from them and the shipping was automatically figured in and I paid for the order.
I got a call a couple of days later from a representative at Brushy telling me that my shipping would actually be $30.00 more than they charged me for and I would have to cough up some more bucks.
She then went on to explain that the estimator feature is inaccurate and they are aware of that and it should be fixed shortly.
So this past week when I ordered during the free shipping I clicked on the estimator button to see how much shipping would have been and it said it was  only $14.00 for 230lbs of equipment.
A few days later I made another order and the shipping came up at $3.30 for another 200lbs of equipment.
So it is obviously still way off, even for an estimate(which I realize may be a ballpark figure) of the actual shipping its not even close.
So just to be aware of that.
Keith, what I assume happened is they calculated your shipping which is way off at $1.50 and then plan to remove it when they do the actual order, they do that manually when the order is being processed.
They miscalculated your shipping to begin with, but its going to be removed anyway.

Offline bhfury

• New Bee
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2008, 10:25:52 pm »
I sure wished that was west of Mississippi as well!!!!!!!

Offline JordanM

• House Bee
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2008, 11:49:25 am »
I bought $50 worth of shipping items the estimator says and it has been taken off my order. I bought a fumeboard, bee-go, a 9 frame spacer tool, 600 micron filter and a 200 micron filter, hive staples, and 364 1 lb. jars and caps. I think the jars would be more than $50 by themselves, but who cares its FREE!!

I will take a picture of all the boxes when they arrive.

anything