Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Getting much warmer, quickly in M.R.  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Getting much warmer, quickly in M.R.
« on: February 09, 2007, 12:32:00 am »
Todays high at 4:00 P.M. was +11 celsius (51 F)
At 8:00 P.M. it is +8 celsius (46 F)

Now that is getting to be much better and very normal weather for our area.  I was outside all day, with only a T-shirt, working very hard.  Begininng the spring clean up around here.  Did some pruning of some shrubs.  Watching the bees.  They looked pretty active.  It was overcast, but warm, it didn't seem to matter to them that the sun was not shining.

There was alot of bees on both my colonies really busy floating and buzzing around the front outside of their hives.  It would seem to me that perhaps these were new brood hatched, examining their new home.  This is hopeful, and one never knows.

If the weather is as warm tomorrow as it was today, I have intention of feeding a pollen patty to both colonies.  I know that they have broken cluster in a big way because there were bees everywhere around my property, I could hear them buzzing all over and watched them drinking in the little puddles that are everywhere.  What a great site.

I am going to perform a short inspection of the hive to see if the frames of bees has increased.  I was actually pretty impressed and happy at the sites that I saw today with the girls.  Greatest of days.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: Getting much warmer, quickly in M.R.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 12:35:11 am »
Todays high at 4:00 P.M. was +11 celsius (51 F)
At 8:00 P.M. it is +8 celsius (46 F)

Now that is getting to be much better and very normal weather for our area.  I was outside all day, with only a T-shirt, working very hard. 

You wouldn't catch me in that without at least a good warm sweater. Plus maybe a jacket.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 09:22:46 am »
Are you kidding, Brendhan, that's positively balmy!  It hasn't gone over 28°F here for two weeks now, I'd kill for 40°F!

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 09:50:57 am »
Are you kidding, Brendhan, that's positively balmy!  It hasn't gone over 28°F here for two weeks now, I'd kill for 40°F!

The rule of thumb for living in South Florida is, if it is below 70F/21C it is cold. I put on thermals below 40F/4C.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 10:46:15 am »
My ideal summer temperature that I enjoy here is 25 celsius (77 F).  That is perfect and I can hardly wait for the dog days of summer.  I have a very big hammock that gets set up in the summertime, it is free standing, so I can move it around.  I usually place it in the yard under the enormous pine tree.  It provides a beautiful, shady spot on a summer day, it is on this hammock that my grandsons and I grab our pillows and I read them a book for awhile.  Drinking our iced teas, this is my leisure time with them on those hot dog days of summer when it is too hot to work. 

Notice the increased length of the days now?  Our sunrise is 7:29 sunset 5:19.  That gives us almost an hour more of good daylight and an extra half hour each in the dawn and dusk.  That is 2 more hours of outside visibility and the sun is moving up higher in the sky, bringing on the warmth of the spring. 

I see it is clear skies, so that means that the day will be very warm.  Wonder how much more tha 11 C it will get to today, 11C was was it was yesterday about 4:00 PM.  Greatest of days.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service