Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: aussie honey in china  (Read 4904 times)

Offline rawfind

• House Bee
    • My Website
aussie honey in china
« on: April 14, 2013, 10:22:19 am »
thought you guys might like to see this   Aussie Honey

Offline bigsting

• House Bee
Re: aussie honey in china
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 07:41:04 am »
 I had one chines guy last market buy honey  he took 20 kg and wanted 400 500g containers but I can not supply what I don't have :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline bigsting

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 09:24:19 am »
 dose any one know how much honey sell 4 in china? they want a pure product in small containers 500g for my bulk price per kg and in Little containers that are fiddly to fill   he took 20 kg  for samples

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 12:15:31 am »
Surprising to see how they scrutinize honey going into china considering they launder their own diluted contaminated mush.  I guess that's why they want to buy real honey because they wouldn't dare eat their own stuff.

Lone

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 12:18:12 am »
I'm sorry.  I am not racist really.  It is great to see there are strict food quality standards in our neighbouring countries.

Lone

Offline Wonga

• House Bee
  • The budget should be balanced, the Treasury refill
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 01:49:32 am »
Lone,
Forget the PC rubbish, it's not racist to say that a country has poor standards of quality control or food safety, not to mention corrupt and sloppy regulation of chemicals and carcinogens. That sort of thing could and does apply to lots of different countries.

Australian beer, for instance, as great as Coopers or Little Creatures, for example, can be, is largely adulterated alcoholic cordial, compared to the well legislated and well produced German product, and for a Chinese or German to say so would be not racist.

Accusations of racism, unless the offence is really egregious, are largely part of the political intimidation process IMHO.

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 02:43:25 am »
  Thanks for your word of the day Wonga, egregious. Will be a great word I can use in scrabble !!!
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 07:49:52 am »
That's a nine letter word, Geoff.  You must take some beating.  We'll have to have a serious match one time.

Wonga, I realised I had two posts in a row not exactly complimentary to China.  We all have to put up with lower quality gear all the time, and loss of manufacturing jobs in our country; but everyone is aware of this fact and I don't have to rant about it in public. It is our people who have allowed that to happen. What is odd is importing/exporting.  Why send away the exact same thing you buy in from somewhere else, and add transport costs both ways?  A wharfie was telling me she sees that happen all the time..there will be a load of zinc or something in a container unloaded from a ship, and the truck that carts it away will bring back a container of the same stuff to be exported to the country the first load was from.

Bigsting, you will probably be paid more from your chinese buyer than a honey packer here.  Let us know what happens.

I just hope that our own standards do not slip.  Already the biosecurity lab has closed, or is due to close, in Townsville.

Lone
Scrabble Tournament winner/fluker, recreation section Daylesford a few years ago.

Offline rawfind

• House Bee
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 07:09:20 pm »
Surprising to see how they scrutinize honey going into china considering they launder their own diluted contaminated mush.  I guess that's why they want to buy real honey because they wouldn't dare eat their own stuff.

Lone

im with you an that one just look at all the crap they are dumping into the USA