Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: We Got Snow!  (Read 5764 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
We Got Snow!
« on: December 13, 2008, 10:07:07 am »
http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus/DECEMBER112008?authkey=RGNAY8l_rQA#

The first 4 pictures are of me on the highway in Louisiana, traveling to my property in Ms, the rest of the pics are of Ms. I got stuck for 90 minutes behind a ton of traffic about 2 miles south of Kentwood, Louisiana, where Britany Spears is from, BTW, there was an overturned tandem rig on the road and we could not turn around.

I was hoping and praying there would still be snow on the ground when I got to Brookhaven as the snow was strting to melt en route.

I arrived in Ms at 1:30 pm, ordinarily the trip up only takes less than 2 hrs but because of the snow storm and accidents it took almost 6.

When I arrived at my property I was pleased to find a bunch of snow, it was very beautiful and I even saw a deer walk across our pipeline.

There was still snow on the ground when I left last night.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
Re: We Got Snow!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 01:09:26 pm »
Hahahaha, good for you guys JP, I know that its a treat to get the fluffy white stuff for you guys.
Thats great.
Beautful land by the way, that looked georgous!!
F
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 02:23:55 pm »
JP, nice pictures, lovely property too, I liked the snowman, don't ever grow up!!!  Glad that you made the trip safely, even though it took you hours longer than normal to drive to Brookhaven.  Have that wonderful and awesome life and day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 04:45:05 pm »
Great pics JP!  Everything looks magical in the snow, specially if you don't get it often! Frantz, I wouldn't like as much as you get at all..nope nope nope!  What type of pine/w the long needles? Look like white or jack.  We don't have many here at all, some over the mtns but the ones on this side are smaller..douglas, hemlock, cedar, noble &  others I can't remember at this time.  Enjoy whilst it lasts!  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 06:49:27 pm »
Great pics JP!  Everything looks magical in the snow, specially if you don't get it often! Frantz, I wouldn't like as much as you get at all..nope nope nope!  What type of pine/w the long needles? Look like white or jack.  We don't have many here at all, some over the mtns but the ones on this side are smaller..douglas, hemlock, cedar, noble &  others I can't remember at this time.  Enjoy whilst it lasts!  J

Jody, probably some type of lob lolly, not real sure. Cindi, I promise not to grow up! The snow was wonderful cause we of course don't see much of it, boy the people on the highway had no clue how to drive in that stuff, evidenced by the many stuck vehicles and the ones I watched run off the road cause they were tring to pass people up.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 12:28:36 am »
Beautiful place. Is that your vacation home, I forgot????

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 08:04:59 am »
Beautiful place. Is that your vacation home, I forgot????

Annette, we bought this place because of Katrina, its only about an hr and 45 minutes from my primary residence, we try to visit as much as we can, we really love our woods and the town there.

Here's some pics of the town of Brookhaven: This first one is the train station in downtown, from a 24 hr cam.

Here's the same station this January past of this yr 2008 from that snow storm.

Here's one from 1952.

...JP

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 07:04:17 pm »
Enjoy the time there as it looks very peaceful

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 07:56:51 pm »
Enjoy the time there as it looks very peaceful

The pace is a night and day difference from New Orleans. It is country pace, that is things move barely above slow motion!

...JP

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 11:40:31 am »
JP, beautiful pictures of the town of Brookhaven. I can't get over the web cam thing.  What I can't believe is that the town looks pretty much the same as it did in 1952!!!  Wonder what kind of cam they were using on the building back in those years, the picture looked pretty darn cool.  You and your Wife are fortunate to have that get-away place, one that is so laid back as time nearly stands still there, my kind of place....have that wonderful and most awesome life and day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2009, 10:45:03 pm »
yeh JP....Those ARE nice pics!
 Is the white clearing where the gasline runs?

your friend,
john

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 01:39:26 am »
yeh JP....Those ARE nice pics!
 Is the white clearing where the gasline runs?

your friend,
john

John, this is the pipeline:

...JP

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 10:23:19 pm »
yeh JP! Thats what i was talking about!!
 Theres one like that on the land right next to me! They fly over all the time looking for dead grass and stuff.....This gass doesnt even have the smell added to it yet, so looking for dead grrass reveals a gas leak!
 Thet said, if it did leak really bad, we wouldnt know it....until it blew up the surrounding fifty acres!!
your friend,
john

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 10:44:38 pm »
John, according to the pipeline company, they have some pretty high tech equipment, guages and such and they can tell when something's not right. As long as I keep it kinda open they don't bother me any. They actually gave me two 14' orange gates I put up.

Now I just wish the power company that cut my blueberry bushes was a liitle more cooperative.

BTW John, if you're curious, there's a crude oil line, low pressure, and a natural gas line, high pressure that runs through.

...JP

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 09:12:23 pm »
Hmmmmm...If you had a drill...... :)
your friend,
john

anything