Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Advice on how to post a topic on a forum to elicit useful responses  (Read 10532 times)

Offline scrapiron

• New Bee
Re: Advice on how to post a topic on a forum to elicit useful responses
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2011, 09:37:31 pm »
Take a break iddee.  ;)

I'll step in.  :-D 

As far as MB, he is an innocent bystander in this thread! I used him to make a point.  

I can't believe you drug MB through the mud and openly admit that you used him. What kind of sick twisted troll are you? MB is idolized by some in a cult like way. Some I guess you could say follow in a hypnotic state of mind. How dare you "use him" like that.

What nerve!

:lau:

:lau: I know right! The nerve of me to come in here with only 20 posts trying to make a simple point to YOU. Yes, YOU ScornedBee (my nickname for you). I never said a thing to iddee or MB for that matter. iddee is the one who turned this into MB is a radicalist with Nazi bees or whatever his agenda was. Let me make this clear for all those who still dont get it. I made a post or 2 to correct a misunderstanding on ScornedBee's part. I USED MB as an example, me being the troll, MB as the bait. I see MB didnt mind because he isnt here snot-nosing like yall. MB had ABSOLUTLY NOTHING to do with the point I was making. Niether did iddee.... he just made it that way.

I see from the fact you will not address my initial point, and would rather make it a MB thing instead of a ScornedBee doesnt know what a Troll is thing...... I must be right. So you and the rest of the Trolls around here have at it.

This morning I had 20 hours of time logged in here at Beemasters sifting through 2/3 nonsense 1/3 information I am looking for, yet I only had 20 posts. Several hours later, MB is a Nazi, iddee loves Nazi's, lovin honey only knows how to agree, and Scorned Bee is the word.

:deadhorse: Deuces people. I am going back to no posting and sifting through horse shi  :thunder:
Matt

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2011, 09:46:03 pm »
You see iddee....that is how you do it!   :lau:

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2011, 09:58:02 pm »
shame on you BB for hitting nerves  ;)  that's just not nice at all. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2011, 10:25:21 pm »
One last post to try to explain.

MB hasn't been on the forum since this started, so it would be hard for him to have responded. When he does, I think he will know a ultra-conservative beek keeps 10 frame equipment with large cell, full sheet foundation. Nothing else.
A radical beek keeps many things. TBH, long hives, all mediums, 8 frame, two queen hives, and on and on. MB has the knowledge and experience to do this, and it's what he enjoys. I would not expect a beek with a year or less experience to try these things.
There is no animosity there. Just stating why a newbie cannot expect to do all the things that MB does. If he could, MB just wasted many years of trying different things and writing about what worked for him and what didn't. Then read everything he could, to compare his results with other experts.

Where you came up with this Nazi bull is a total product of a closed mind that refuses to even read an opposing side to your own.

Last post on this thread. Common sense cannot prevail.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline scrapiron

• New Bee
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2011, 10:37:39 pm »
One last post to explain.

Thank yall for saving me $10.00. The last 2 months, my local Beekeepers Association had a State meeting followed by the yearly dinner last month. This coming Tuesday I was finally going to be able to join and enjoy the company of like minded folks.  HaHaHa. After today, they would have to pay me to sit in a room full of you people.

Mabey someone needs to do a study on a possible link between bee venom, and Dementia.
Matt

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2011, 11:54:17 pm »
ok now ,jp and i had first dibbs on the bickering beekeepers :-D         ........schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2011, 12:21:44 am »
I was finally going to be able to join and enjoy the company of like minded folks.

if it's Borg like thinking you want, not only did you join the wrong hobby, but the wrong site.  no one learns by hearing only one thing told one way. 

what's that old hippy term?  PEACE OUT   :rainbowflower:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline bulldog

• House Bee
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2011, 01:30:29 am »
many answers would go way beyond usable for a new beek that may not know the difference in capped honey and capped brood.
is that a shot at me ?   :-D  j/k

directed at no one in particular,
seems to me like this is a useful place to benefit from the experiences of others. the original post on this thread is no exception ( seems like good advice to me). lots of very helpful beekeepers on here are willing to share their thoughts and experiences, all one has to do  is ask. however i feel that one should not be surprised if those insights come in the form of opinions. after all isn't that really what we are looking for when we ask a question ? opinions will vary and this is not unique to beekeepers or beekeeping. i have a hunch that if i asked ten random beeks on here how to perform a specific task i would get 6 or 8, maybe even 10 different ways to do said task. one answer doesn't make the others wrong and being opinionated doesn't neccessarily make someone a troll. just my $0.02

now what was this thread about again ?

Confucius say "He who stand on toilet is high on pot"

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2011, 02:22:49 am »
 :piano  :pinkelephant: :pop:   
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2011, 02:25:33 am »
>I think #3 is hardest for the new beekeepers.  They don't know what's relevant so they grapeshot the information.

But if they go through the mental process of attempting to figure out what is relevant that will be learning experience in itself.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Hemlock

• Field Bee
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2011, 10:22:57 am »
>I think #3 is hardest for the new beekeepers.  They don't know what's relevant so they grapeshot the information.

But if they go through the mental process of attempting to figure out what is relevant that will be learning experience in itself.

Absolutely!  but that is the voice of experience talking (and it's right).  The voice of inexperience, upon seeing water drip out the front of a hive in winter, is more like, "OMG WHERE DID THAT WATER COME FROM ARE THE BEES DEAD DID I KILL THE BEES HOW DID WATER GET IN THE HIVE DO I NEED TO FEED THEM MORE SHOULD I ADD MORE BOXES IT'S 20°F OUTSIDE SHOULD I OPEN THE HIVE MY GRANDPA SAID TO PUT A CEDAR STUMP ON TOP OF THE HIVE I'M THE WORST BEEKEEPER EVER I'M THE WORST BEEKEEPER EVER I NEED TO PUT THIS ON THE FORUM GOD I HOPE SOMEONE HAS SEE THIS BEFORE WHAT IF THEY HAVEN'T IS IT TRACHEAL MITES IS IT FOULBROOD OMG I MELTED MY BEES!".

Then they make a post on the forum thinking this is a unique event (having forgotten that condensation lesson from bee class 12 months ago). They post everything they've done with the bees that year - including using pine needles in the smoker- because they just can't figure out how in H*ll water got in their hive.

Then kathyp comments saying, "it just condensation from the bees breathing.  tilt the hive forward slightly so it runs out and all will be fine. :)

They panic because they think bees are super fragile i guess.  I've done it plenty.  Experience is knowing the bees have been doing this longer than i have and to trust them.

Make Mead!

Offline caticind

• House Bee
  • Nothing sweeter...
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2011, 01:08:28 pm »
OMG WHERE DID THAT WATER COME FROM ARE THE BEES DEAD DID I KILL THE BEES HOW DID WATER GET IN THE HIVE DO I NEED TO FEED THEM MORE SHOULD I ADD MORE BOXES IT'S 20°F OUTSIDE SHOULD I OPEN THE HIVE MY GRANDPA SAID TO PUT A CEDAR STUMP ON TOP OF THE HIVE I'M THE WORST BEEKEEPER EVER I'M THE WORST BEEKEEPER EVER I NEED TO PUT THIS ON THE FORUM GOD I HOPE SOMEONE HAS SEE THIS BEFORE WHAT IF THEY HAVEN'T IS IT TRACHEAL MITES IS IT FOULBROOD OMG I MELTED MY BEES!
:lau:
The bees would be no help; they would tumble over each other like golden babies and thrum wordlessly on the subjects of queens and sex and pollen-gluey feet. -Palimpsest

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2011, 06:37:37 pm »
And on the other hand,think how boring it would be here if all any one did was use the search features to find the answers. I am just glad we have a forum that has active members willing to offer advice in fairly short notice. I've been to a couple forums and questioned things and it took days to get an answer.And that is on forums that have a half million members( albeit many are spam bot members which we work hard to delete).
But to the original post,it is best to ask the question you want the answer to rather than bury your thoughts in too many details.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2011, 07:40:19 pm »
Scrapiron:

I just read all these posts, after getting some member's PMs concerning you. I have to say if anyone is TROLLING here it is you. looking for people to bite on the chum you are tossing into the forum - not smart at all, especially for a relatively new member - confrontation is NOT allowed to go on and provocation to illicit confrontation is a big no-no here.

Some people find your type "Cute" and "Enjoyable" and it is THESE members that can chew you up and spit you up when they get tired of you. Right now, you are in the "Cat toy Phase" nothing more than a laser pen or a squeaky plastic mouse, but I promise you this, when they tire of you, they will push your buttons and you will over-react and OUT the door you will go. I've seen it dozens of times here, you are nothing new and typically your type is short-lived among our membership.

I'll leave this up to you. Don't reply in this post again, nor start a new post on the same subject as you suggested to do on page one of this post. Find another issue, I think you have beaten this one enough. I like strong willed people, but don't tell the members or moderators what argumentative is, I think we can all read it in your few pointed posts, and we see it without your needing to clarify it for us.

"Gee Beemaster, that is censorship and against First Amendment" You bet it is... Have a nice day and find a new topic, a friendlier one in this forum - which BTW is not a request.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2011, 10:14:29 pm »
lovin honey only knows how to agree.

Well, I disagree with this. There, are you happy now?
The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson

Offline LoriMNnice

• House Bee
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2011, 02:53:00 pm »
lovin honey only knows how to agree.

Well, I disagree with this. There, are you happy now?
I am laughing so hard I almost peed my pants(thank gosh I had that bladder sling surgery)
Lori

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2011, 12:33:05 am »
 :-D

Offline Hemlock

• Field Bee
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2011, 11:04:10 am »
It would be nice if some of these "questions" were broken out into proper paragraphs.  When I see a WALL of words i usually move on.
Make Mead!

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2011, 12:26:48 pm »
bullet points.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2011, 01:07:34 pm »
>It would be nice if some of these "questions" were broken out into proper paragraphs.  When I see a WALL of words i usually move on.
>bullet points.

Exactly.  Especially if they have the topic up front and the paragraph (if necessary) following so you can pick out the relevant stuff.

My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin