Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Remembering the Anniversary  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Remembering the Anniversary
« on: September 06, 2013, 01:26:03 am »
A woman awakes during the night to find that her husband wasn't in bed.  She goes down stairs and finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee.  He appears deep in thought, just staring at the wall. She watches  as he wipes a tear from his eye and takes another sip of coffee.  What the matter dear, she whispers as she steps into the room.  The husband looks up, Do you remember 20 years ago when we were dating and you were only 17?  The wife is touched thinking he is so caring and sensitive, Yes I do she replied.  The husband pauses, the words are not coming easily, Do you remember when your father caught us in the back seat of my car.  Yes I remember, the wife replied.  The husband continues, Do you remember when he shoved a shotgun in my face and said either you marry my daughter, or I will send you to jail for 20 years.  I remember that too, she replies softly.  He wipes another tear from his cheek and says, I would have gotten out today!

Joe

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
Re: Remembering the Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 06:31:31 am »
 :lau:

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 01:02:46 pm »
 :cheer:
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Santa Caras

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 05:19:38 pm »
My wife calls me at the end of April and asks what day is it? As soon as she did, it dawned on me that I had forgotten our 16th anniversary a few weeks prior. For a WHOLE YEAR it was gifts and sweet nothings said to make up for my forgetfullness. Every day that went by, she reminded me and everyone around on how I had forgotten. A year or so later, after a few alchoholic drinks that loosened her up, she confesses that she had forgotten too and had only remembered just before calling me. Ummmmm. still trying to think on how to retaliate!

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 06:08:18 pm »
 :-D