Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Rocket City Rednecks  (Read 4598 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Rocket City Rednecks
« on: December 21, 2011, 03:27:32 pm »
anybody watch this?  it's great.  wish i'd found it earlier.  i think this season is about over so i'll try to catch up on reruns if they are on.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
Re: Rocket City Rednecks
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 06:29:27 pm »
Never heard of it. Larry

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 08:05:36 pm »
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/rocket-city-rednecks/

check it out if you have the channel.  it's pretty awesome  :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 08:10:09 pm »
Never watched it on Nat Geo, but I did just now watch a video clip.  Looks like it could be interesting.

For now, I get my reality/staged TV fix from the Gold Miners!  As Allen says, sometimes it’s fun just to watch the heavy equipment play in the dirt.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 08:17:15 pm »
if you like that, you'll like these guys.  they are like big kids with a big chemistry set....and equally big results!

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 08:58:47 pm »
I have seen the ads for it, was just wondering if there was any, "hey ya'll, watch this" action there.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 11:49:44 pm »
kind of.  these guys are real scientists and they do great stuff with things that are easy to find around.  they wanted to get people interested in science by having fun and learning things outside the class.  it's like The Science Guy for adults. 

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 08:14:09 am »
Ive watched several episodes and think they are pretty cool however I like the gangling gold diggers better. Before they came out it was the Deadliest Catch.

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 12:18:44 pm »
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/rocket-city-rednecks/

check it out if you have the channel.  it's pretty awesome  :-D

I do get that channel. I will try to remember to check it out. Thanks, Larry

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 01:29:45 pm »
Looks just like what we do around here! I'll have to tune in to get some fresh ideas.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907