Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: honey bees and beekeeping  (Read 1654 times)

Offline catfishbill

• House Bee
honey bees and beekeeping
« on: August 16, 2008, 01:48:18 pm »
anybody been watching this video series on the RFD network?it 's been on in our area for a month or so now.alot of good info for a new guy.is Dr. Delaplane going to do another series?thanks
bill

Offline greg spike

• House Bee
Re: honey bees and beekeeping
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 09:30:29 pm »
I doubt it.
Delaplane is one of the biggest names in bee research;He'll be rolling around in CCD research money for years, too busy for beekeeping 101. Good show for a beginner. A little dated though. It had the old agricultural motto, a chemical for every problem. Maybe, if they get a lot of fan mail, he'll make someone at UGA update it.

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
Re: honey bees and beekeeping
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 11:47:00 pm »
   That one is an older one.  I had someone tell me that he has an updated one but I haven't seen it.  I was thinking about buying it for my Christmas present this year and tell my wife she is the most wonderful wife in the world for buying me such a great gift! :evil:  Hey... I do the same for her all year long!!! :-D  She always reminds me how thoughtful and wonderful I am. 8-)
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

anything