Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hivetracks website not working?  (Read 2447 times)

Offline timjea

• New Bee
  • I'm not as young as I used to be.
Hivetracks website not working?
« on: September 13, 2012, 10:35:34 pm »
I get no response trying www.hivetracks.com, or the mobile site on my computer or my phone.  I didn't find any comments on the facebook page indicating a planned down time or anything.  Does anyone know if Hivetracks is still in operation, and maybe just a temporary server problem?

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: Hivetracks website not working?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 10:47:04 pm »
Probably just a server down or something.Try again tomorrow.

Offline Lazy W

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 11:16:49 am »
I love and use Hive tracks. However this is one of the biggest arguments against a web based records system. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Offline Lazy W

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 11:35:20 pm »
Yeah They git it fixed. Never doubted them for one minute.

Offline jtwinboone

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 11:00:31 pm »
Thanks for posting about this ... if I had been a member of this forum, maybe I would have noticed the server down sooner!  I am one of the founders of Hive Tracks.  I didn't notice until Friday morning things were down and my email stopped getting pulled between 9 and 10pm Thursday night.  My partner who does the sys admin was not where he could get to the server immediately but was able to get things back by Friday afternoon.  We had received notifications all week from our server provider about problems they were having and we've been getting some DOS attacks, so some combination of those things messed up the server.  In any case, thanks for paying attention and for using Hive Tracks.  Note that you can just email us directly if you have a problem!  james@hivetracks.com or mark@hivetracks.com.  

Offline timjea

• New Bee
  • I'm not as young as I used to be.
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 07:42:33 pm »
Thanks James - I had Marks email at one time but couldn't find it the other day.  I used hive tracks for quite a while there after its initial launch, and kind of got run over by poor time managment as my number of hives exploded and I stopped logging on to update my records.  I wanted to come back and try and see if the mobile version would help me so I can make notes right there on the spot.

Dane

Offline mulesii

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 10:25:22 am »
James:  Thanks for the explanation.  It is not often that a website provider gives the users a detailed explanation of the issues and how they were resolved.  I think Hivetracks is a great site and huge benefit for beekeepers.

anything