Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: So what happens to double yolkers?  (Read 16710 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: So what happens to double yolkers?
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2009, 11:19:19 pm »
Doak, what do you feed if you want the hens to lay boiled eggs already peeled? It sure would save some time.

Ha, now I gotta stick around to hear the answer, smiling, wonder what Doak will say to this one, smiling.  Have that great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2009, 05:55:11 pm »
               Pickled Beets and Eggs

6-12 hard cooked eggs, peeled
8 small beets, cooked peeled and quartered or one 15 ounce can whole beets, drained.
1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups water
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
1/2 red onion sliced

Is it OK to substitute canned sliced beets?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2009, 06:10:37 pm »
Jerry, absolutely!!!  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2009, 07:07:30 pm »
I did Jerry and it was fine.
Make sure you tell use how they came out. My husband was just eating some of those last night. He loves them. The apple cider vinegar smells a little strong, but its suppose to be good for you.

By the way everyone, remember when I set those olive egger eggs? I had 6 olive eggers hatch between last night and today.
These were from a cross between my black copper marans rooster and my easter egger hen.
They came out looking alot like the marans, black with white throats and bellies and feathered shanks.
They are suppose to lay a very deep olive egg with speckles.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2009, 07:09:21 pm »
Oh Natalie, those little chickies sound like they are so ding dang cute, do you have a camera, smiling....have a wonderful and most beautiful day, health be with us all.  Cindi

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2009, 07:40:15 pm »
Natalie, those sound very cute, you will have to post pics for us!  It will be interesting to see how they turn out! Love seeing how the different traits show.  I am getting some Maran & Wellsummer chicks 1st week of March for the dark eggs, there may be a roo in the bunch, we shall see.  One of my EEs already lays a fairly dark egg, I was surprised actually at how dark it is. Now get that camera snapping girl, we wanna see chicks! :-D  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2009, 08:06:04 pm »
Jody, get your camera and show me a picture of that ee egg, I wanna see it, that is so cool.  Can't wait for you to get your chicks!!!  Have that great and awesome day, Cindi

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2009, 12:57:33 am »
Cindi, I added pics to the picassa album in the posts about the baby pigeon, there is one of the eggs from today. One of the EE's lays a verty pretty lighter bluish but didn't lay one today..new ones of the cow,chix & my honey pot Amanda made too!  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

anything