Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Looking 4 a little bit of propolis and pollen  (Read 6383 times)

Offline Angi_H

• House Bee
Looking 4 a little bit of propolis and pollen
« on: December 12, 2007, 03:13:28 am »
I am looking for a little bit of pollen and propolis to take for health reasions. I do not have my bees yet and wont till April next year and with the hight of my pain now and my allergies I would like to get started. If anyone has any they would sell to me please let me know. Being a chronic pain patient with fibromyalgia and arthritis all over the place at age of 34 is not fun. And my goal for 08 is to get to taking this stuff and doing other holistic things to get off some of these pain meds. I actually when I went to the dr on monday had to be bumped up on my pain patch to 75mcg from 50mcg as it was no longer controlling my pain and I was eating my break through meds like they were candy.  No harm in asking and if everyone has allready sold it or gotten rid of it I understand.

Angi

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Looking 4 a little bit of propolis and pollen
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 11:23:23 am »
Angi, find out for me if propolis can be shipped over the border.  I have to get busy now to get the kids all ready for school, so my day has now begun, I will try to get on the forum later on to see if you have responded.  I have lots of extra propolis that I will give to you, I don't think the postage would be very much, and it could probably get to you in a few days.  I actually have so much I am not sure what to do with it, so I am just saving, and saving and saving.  My jar of propolis that I use for apitherapy is getting rather full and I can't add any more. 

I keep a jar on my kitchen counter, and when I want to head back in my mind's eye to the beautiful dog days of summer, I open the jar, and take some deep whiffs of this miracle of nature.  I am right there, the pine and other resins in the forests that bring such peace to my soul.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, love our life we live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Angi_H

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 02:01:27 am »
You know I can not find anything. So does anyone else know :? Hmmmm  i was not able to find anything. But then again I may not know where to look, Maybe one of the guys know. I told my hubby my goal for 08 was to detox and get cleaned out and try to get off some of these meds. The dr upped my pain patch to 75mcg from 50mcg so because my back is killing me something fearce. And I believe the bee would help. That is why I have been pushing hubby the last 2 years to let me do it and finally he said yes. Took that long for the poultry also but he sees how now I am making money saling the hatching eggs and all is good.

Angi

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 09:50:02 am »
Angi, I wish you could get off pain meds too.  They are nasties.  I have had several surgeries and have had to use them, not good, I don't like that either.

Maybe someone will know.  Maybe I could disguise it and send it as glue or something..... :-D :-X  Have a wonderful and great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 08:56:01 pm »
Angi, I wish you could get off pain meds too.  They are nasties.  I have had several surgeries and have had to use them, not good, I don't like that either.

I miss the bee stings, there's nothing like a good bee sting to knock down the aches and pains for a few days.  I use a lot less pain meds when the weather's warm and the bees are flying.

Maybe someone will know.  Maybe I could disguise it and send it as glue or something..... :-D :-X  Have a wonderful and great day, Cindi

I still haven't gotten an answer, I keep getting referred to a different place who will get back to me or transfer me to a different department, or I have the wrong agency (Doesn't Customs know?).  In other words I get bogged down in government ineptitude.  I've tried hitting the zero button or no button in order to talk to a real live person but I just get disconnected.

Maybe Cindi & I can meet at the Peace Arch Park and do an exchange like they show on Spy movies.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 12:49:49 am »
Brian, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!  Now, tell me, who will be the one to cross the border at the Peace Arch!!!!!   :shock: :-D :-\ :-X :( ;) :roll: :).

It would indeed be equal distance for both of us, but whose gonna be the one to get busted, eeks!!!!  "Sorry customs officer, this is only the glue from my conifers"  Keep trying to get through on the phone, Brian, maybe it will happen yet.  Good for you.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, love our life we're livin'!!!!  Cindi

Offline mudlakee

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 07:23:08 am »
Angi_h
  What kind of chickens do you raise? I raised Araucana Bantams until last fall.Tony

Offline NWIN Beekeeper

• Professional Beekeeper
  • House Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 05:21:10 pm »
What is propolis composed of?

Do you think there is a law against mailing tree saps and tar over the border?  :roll:

Now pollen, that's yet another story.
I think more pollen blows across the border than is intentionally shipped.

Try it and see, what's the worse that happens? The ATF tromple your hives and burn your house down?

Sorry, just thinking out-loud.
-Jeff
There is nothing new under the sun. Only your perspective changes to see it anew.

Offline Angi_H

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 01:46:28 am »
Angi_h
  What kind of chickens do you raise? I raised Araucana Bantams until last fall.Tony

I breed Cuckoo Marans, Standard Dark Cornish, Welsummers, Cobbs (for eating), I breed I am trying to make not named yet  and Then I have INdian Runner Ducks in 3 different colors and Coturnix Quail, Then I have 2 different Heriatge Turkey breeds. One is the White with black barring called Royal Palms, And the other is a cross of 3 different heritage turkey breeds called Mottled Blacks. Those only breed 75% true with the other breeding as Silvers, Black Spanish and Mis Marked Royal Palm that has brown in it like a calico turkey but not a true calico. I used to have EE Aracannas and Americannas and I sold them because I was not able to sale the blue/green eggs no one wanted them. I have breed and raised rare breeds for 25 years.

Angi

Offline Angi_H

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 01:48:52 am »

I miss the bee stings, there's nothing like a good bee sting to knock down the aches and pains for a few days.  I use a lot less pain meds when the weather's warm and the bees are flying.

I always hurt worse in the winter with the fibro. Dr upped my patch and I dont like it I wanted to be able to go down but my back and my jaw is saying no.

Angi

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 11:07:07 am »
Oh Angi, pain is a nasty thing.  When you speak of your pain issues, I wish there was a way to relieve you of this, without, for example, that patch, eeks!!!!.  I really can't wait for you to get bees.  I don't have one doubt in my mind that BVT (bee venom therapy) will help immensely with your pain issues. I can't wait for you to get bee stings (hee, hee, now that sounded downright nasty eh?, sorry......no I am not sorry, I don't take it back).  Yes, get all the bee stings that you can muster.  You must firstly ascertain that you don't have any allergies to bee venom though, do you know of any severe reactions?  Probably not.  You have been involved in "nature" long enough to know if you have any allergy or not.

I can't wait to get a few more bee stings.  It is tempting to go out and get a bee to sting me cause my knees are kind of bugging me a little bit, and I know that it will get worse before it gets better.  Thinking out loud.

Angi, PM me to give me your mailing address, I am going to send some propolis through the mail, I'll give it a whirl and see what comes of it, we will start out with a small amount, it is very important to me that you get some.  I will send it in a padded small envelope and you will love it.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day.  Cindi

Offline ooptec

• House Bee
    • Beginners foray into TBH's in Canada
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 04:27:44 pm »
Hey

I agree, why would you think it's controlled?

Send under 1oz total weight as I think that is their cut off for examining ANYTHING in mail.

But I'd send it as bee glue or propolis, either or, on the declaration.

cheers

peter

Offline Angi_H

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 11:57:27 pm »
No I am not allergic. I wouldnt be getting into Bee's if I was. I have always loved honey and am always out picking tomatoes and zucchini and pumpkins etc when the bee's are out pollinating. I make sure they are done with that part of the plant then I pick.

Angi