Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: CCD Good?  (Read 7237 times)

Offline MrILoveTheAnts

• Field Bee
    • Biodiverse Gardens
CCD Good?
« on: May 16, 2007, 12:29:38 pm »
Alright, for the sake of conversation let's say CCD kills all the honey bees. Is this really a bad thing for everyone? America is the most obese country in the history of the world. People of the Roman Empire ate healthier than us and their theme there was only the rich could afford to be fat. Being obese was considered sexy there.
So all the bees are dead, we'll still have a few other pollinates doing the job. Flies, and other types of bee and wasp do a fair job of pollinating things though probably not on as huge a scale as Honey Bees. I'll also state that a lot of them only live in disturbed environment so farm land is out of the question.
So our food supply is cut down by a third, is this really bad for the most obese country that ever lived? Think of it as a weight loss plan.

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
Re: CCD Good?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 12:41:03 pm »
being fat is in nature of all beings, not just human beings. it's that simple!
NO one sane will eat corn/potatos/wheat if meat is available. no one will eat some plain food if he has grease available for seasoning.
eating the right food represents difference between death and survival, BUT this remains in our genes, although it really isn't present anymore-the need to eat as much protein and fat as possible.

i keep laughing and mocking people who say that we the western people eat so unbalanced food, and are saying just look at all those healthy asians and indians!
ha, the stupidest statement EVER, they would be just as fat as us, just as obese as us IF they had available the same ammounts of food. i mean, it's funny how people can see the healthness of rice and asian fruits but are just to darn STUPID to look back a hundred years and see what people around here ate and were just as healthy as nowadays asians. and you know what the worst thing is? people who make this kind of statements think how smart and educated they are but in reallity? they're the most stupid group of people!

jees, i really got OT.

NO, CCD won't solve obese
potatoes/chips isn't connected to pollination
grass/corn/wheat - meat production also isn't connected to it. don't worry about famine, CCD only hurts economy. westeren countryes produce what? 50% more than we can use? or even more.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 05:20:11 pm »
the us provides over half of the world food aid.  who do you think will be hurt by a 1/3 rd cut in crops?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 05:31:46 pm »
ONLY mechants and people who trade with food, NO one else.

i heard this radio show the other day and this must be THE Smartest statement EVER!!!! this guy called..i won't say what i think about him, well it was about subvencions for farmers :
-listener:
farmers shouldn't get payed so much just for stimulation, because if it's not a dry or floody year and if there's no hailstorms they earn more than enough

i thought i was gonna puke!

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 06:16:44 pm »
Things bees pollinate don't make you fat. McDonalds, Twinkies, Snickers, Popcorn covered in something that is called butter, and other similar crud makes you fat.

Almonds, watermelons, and fruits and veggies don't make you fat. Unless you eat to much of it.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 06:20:12 pm »
that's not butter?  i can't believe it :'(
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 11:17:40 pm »
Most of all It's not what we eat that makes us fat. ( It is what we are doing/not doing) with and/or to our "BODY".....Period......
doak

Offline Beemistress

• New Bee
    • My dog/chicken/bee etc. blog
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 11:08:52 pm »
NO one sane will eat corn/potatos/wheat if meat is available. no one will eat some plain food if he has grease available for seasoning.

Excuse me, there are plenty of vegetarians like me who eschew meat on a daily basis.  There are also many folks avoiding "grease".

More Americans need to eat food that has been raised locally, as it is now 3 energy calories (moistly oil) are used for each 1 calorie of food we eat.  That is just wrong!  If we eat what's in season and buy locally, we can be healthier and our money can go to sustainable local farms.

So, no, I don't agree that we can benefit from a diet of what can survive without bees.

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 05:51:13 am »
mistress, i was refering to our "nature", the goal of every man and women is to get fat, to make sure he/she survives. it's subconcious but it is there. meat/grease is perfect for that matter.
i do agree with you, we should eat more veggies, but you must bare in mind...bees aren't just gonna dissappear.
and if i recall correctly, native americans called bees "white-mans fly" so...they survived without honeybees.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 04:52:11 pm »
only well fed 1st worlders would intentionally be vegetarians.  i have no problem with the choice, but we are built at least as much for  protein as for carbs.  much like pigs, we can survive on almost anything  :-)

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 06:28:03 pm »
exactly!!! but still, what i wanted to point out is...high calories meant survival in the past, it's in our subconcious.

maybe in a few thousand years we'll become adept to eating high calories values so, less vegies more proteins.. MAYBE :-D but, i wanna be a part of this evolution, LOL
hey, my brother doesn0t have teeth # 5 i think, because we are adepting to eating cooked food.

Offline wayne

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 09:47:37 pm »
  I was looking at a Bee Culture from the 1970's. The writer was saying that too many bee keepers are moving to high production queens over what he called conservative queens.
  He took the position that too many were after queens that produced massive amounts of brood. The conservative queen only produced the brood needed at the time it was needed.
  Could CCD be a result of the over breeding of the bees?
I was born about 100 years too early, or to late.

Offline raisingtime

• New Bee
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 07:58:17 pm »
the us provides over half of the world food aid.  who do you think will be hurt by a 1/3 rd cut in crops?
     Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Us.

raisingtime sorry.
Chuck Brewer

Offline raisingtime

• New Bee
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 08:10:16 pm »
   Ok that's it you lost my vote for Pres.

raisingtime.
Chuck Brewer

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 11:12:09 pm »
ccd is not good, period. end of discussion. fat or skinny, its affecting people's lives in a very negative way.
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 03:13:53 pm »
Ok that's it you lost my vote for Pres

i don't know who you were wanting for prez, but it wouldn't be me.  my idea of a compromise is getting out the BIG sledge hammer to force the square post into the round hole.  i don't care if people like me, or the decisions i make.  :-)

i am eating a ham sandwich which reminds me that we do have an advantage over pigs....we get to eat them on a regular basis!

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 03:50:19 pm »
I think that CCD is good in the same way that CWD is good (fewer deer dying of starvation), whirling disease is good (fewer trout competing with native species), mad cow disease is good (fewer fat people eating expensive beef), TB and malaria is good (fewer people using the world's resources, and global warming is good (inventing ways to use less unrenewable resources whether imaginary or not).

Mmmm....a pig sandwich sounds good right now...on toasted non-pollinated wheat bread, with a native-pollinated slice of tomato and some non-pollinated mayonaise and pollinated mustard.....

Rick
Rick

anything