Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Michael Bush patron saint of organic beekeepers.  (Read 6091 times)

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Michael Bush patron saint of organic beekeepers.
« on: May 27, 2007, 11:56:40 am »
http://www.newswireless.net/index.cfm/article/3382

Excuse me, Saint Michael, can I have an autograph please.  :mrgreen:

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline AllanJ

• House Bee
Re: Michael Bush patron saint of organic beekeepers.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 12:38:33 pm »
If your a 'part-time organic beekeeper', does that mean your only organic some of the time? or that you are only a beekeeper some of the time?   Just because there are over 1000 people in an organic group, does not mean they all adhere to the principles of the group and use no treatments.

btw, aren't most saints dead? :)  Maybe it should be Sir Michael..

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 02:15:45 pm »
>And, he adds: "Who should be surprised that the major media reports forget to tell us that the dying bees are actually hyper-bred varieties that we coax into a larger than normal body size? It sounds just like the beef industry."

I did not say that. That was a misplaced end quote in an article that was quoting me.

>It might be a solution to the vanishing bee problem, as he suggests: it might also be that people putting WiFi hotspots in remote fields are causing it. Which should we take more seriously?

Who is he?  I never suggested it was a solution to the vanishing bee problem.

>"It is not an uncommonly held opinion that, although this new pattern of bee colony collapse seems to have struck from out of the blue (which suggests a triggering agent) it is likely that some biological limit in the bees has been crossed. There is no shortage of evidence that we have been fast approaching this limit for some time," opines Bush.

I did not say this either.  Again the misplaced closed quotes in the original article made it very unclear what I have said.  What I have said was on my web site, and what I have said about CCD is pretty much nothing.

I have emailed the author.  We will see what he says.

I'm not Catholic, but if I were, I'd have to be dead to be a saint.  On the other hand the reformation movement I grew up in would say all Christians are saints.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 03:26:18 pm »
welcome to the wonderful world of the media spin machines. :-) after one notable (for me) interview filled with thing that i didn't think, much less say, i avoid the press like the plague.  most stories are written from the position of the interviewers agenda.  it doesn't matter if it's CBS or some small hobby circular.

that's ok.....at least people can go to your web site and get good info.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 05:00:15 pm »
>at least people can go to your web site and get good info.

Or at least get what I said.  ;)
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 05:14:11 pm »
I have been approached by the media a few times and always refused to talk to them.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 07:59:13 pm »
I didn't say anything to the media in these cases.  They just got a quote from my web site and failed to close the quote at the end.  Then someone did a news story from the misquoted news story.

None of these talked to me about it.
-------------------

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 01:29:26 am »
Are you sure it wasn't a politician instead of a Journalist?  Both misquote with impundity and then complain about being misquoted.  The 2 types of professions most likely to misrepresent something are Politicians and Journalists and they both do it for the same reason.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

anything