Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Tea Tree Oil  (Read 3580 times)

Offline drgenegarris

• New Bee
    • http://honeybees.drgarris.com
Tea Tree Oil
« on: November 18, 2005, 02:41:13 pm »
This past South Carolina State Fair I met a fellow bee rancher that mixes Tea Tree oil and olive oil to be sprayed on the inner cover.

Does anyone else know about this?

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Tea Tree Oil
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 10:16:14 pm »
Since essential oils seem to help with the Varroa and since FGMO seems to help with the varroa, it probably works on the same priciples as those two.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
Re: Tea Tree Oil
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 12:16:54 am »
Quote from: drgenegarris
olive oil to be sprayed on the inner cover.
?

I know that this way oil will  become rancid and mixing honey and that aroma is not good at all :P . Honey catch all kind of aroma from it's surrounding.

Once a client gived to me glass jar where to put honey. It was a washed nutbutter jar but it's smell was a one I did not like it.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Tea Tree Oil
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 01:23:58 pm »
The nice thing about FGMO is it won't turn racid.  But with the tee tree oil in it, the olive oil might not turn rancid.  Seems to me that the FGMO would be less likely to hurt the honey and there's some research on how it works.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything