Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Susan

• Brood
« on: January 17, 2011, 03:18:52 pm »
I'm from Central Valley of Calif. (Tulare County) Commerical beekeeper since 2002. Just wanted to say hi.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 03:30:53 pm »
Welcome Susan...glad to have you on board!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 03:45:38 pm »

Tell us more about your operation there.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 11:09:30 pm »
Hi Susan

I live in Placerville, above Sacramento. Started beekeeping 2006 with 1 hive and now have 3. I only go as high as 4 hives as this is all I can handle by myself.

I am curious also about your commercial operation. How many hives do you have and where do you move the hives?? Have you been successful at keeping them alive and healthy??

Welcome to the forum, and look forward to hearing more from you.

Sincerely
Annette

Offline Susan

• Brood
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 09:13:01 am »
We started in the 90's hauling bee's around the country, and that's how we got started. In 03 decided to get our own. Right now we had 800 or so. Last April sold off 500 due to health reasons. We do not move out of state, we  make our own queens(did not last year). Yes work and fight to keep them healthy. Keep them away from pesticides and other beekeepers. You never know what others are doing or not doing. Patties and feed starting in Sept till Almonds. In June had to hire a guy to help and he been a godsend.

Offline Gróf

• Brood
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 11:40:55 am »
Hello
Szabolcs call.
Hungary is reading you. (Hungary / Egyházaskozár)
Using Google translator.
Hi Count