Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Country village cut out  (Read 2902 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Country village cut out
« on: May 03, 2012, 01:35:09 pm »
DeanO got the call for this one and asked if we wouldn't lend a hand. Turned out to be a large recent swarm...very gentle bees!

Country villiage cut out.wmv

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
Re: Country village cut out
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 04:03:58 pm »
Great vid.   I learn so much from these.  Thanks for posting.
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012

Offline carlfaba10t

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 04:34:21 pm »
Thanks hardwood; great video,you guys make it look so easy, bald top, no bee suit, no gloves makes me feel like a 200 lb WIMP Ha. I am still waiting to do mine,the bees are not going anywhere so i plan to try and do everything by the book,[VIDEO] anyway i hope it goes that smooth.I guess it helps to remove most all bees before removing comb?! I will build vacuum box before i try. :-\
Carl-I have done so much with so little for so long i can now do something with nothing!

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 08:02:35 pm »
Great video.   Thanks for posting.

Offline dean0

• House Bee
    • My photovoltaic Website
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 11:19:25 pm »
I am fortunate enough to have Scott and Peggy living close by and I learn something new every time they help me out plus I get my mug on some of their educational videos. I started out this year with 2 hives but lost one due to wax moths because they got too weak over winter. Due to 2 cutouts, one that i did solo, 1 swarm call and 2 splits, I am now up to six hives.  Time to start moving some of them out of my backyard and into my bee yard.

Scott and Peggy-Thank you so much for your help with this cutout.  I went back by the house this evening and spray foam the openings around her pipes, taped up the insulation that needed to be cut to expose the hive and since today was the homeowners 90th birthday, I gave her a jar of honey. I thought she was going to kiss me but luckily she only gave me a hug.  The girls were out flying good today and saw several bringing back pollen. I plan to release the queen tomorrow evening after work. Thanks again...

Dean0

Offline Country Heart

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 02:38:54 am »
Wow - nice size swarm. 

Good for you DeanO.
and
Scott, you really are the queen whisperer.  How do you do it?  You make it look so easy.

Offline dean0

• House Bee
    • My photovoltaic Website
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 08:51:15 pm »
Update:  It has been 11 days since Scott and I removed these bees from under the house.  The bees had only been there a short time and there wasn't much comb for us to attach to frames. I put these bees in 2 mediums with the 3 1/2 frames of comb we removed from the hive and the remaining 17 frames were undrawn foundation.  I inspected the hive today and was happy to see bees on top of all 10 frames.  A closer inspection of the frames revealed that they had perfectly drawn out all 20 frames with 7 frames of solid brood in the lower box.  I looked for swarm cells and did not find any (whew).  I removed 3 frames of drawn out foundation, from the top box and replaced them with undrawn foundation.  The 3 frames of drawn foundation were place in the middle of a 3rd medium box with 7 frames of undrawn foundation, hoping that this will drawn them up.  Starting in about 12 days I hope to have a huge population explosion and will be adding more supers.

Dean0

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 12:20:20 am »
Great job Scott & Peg. Nice of you two to show Deano the ropes. My bet is the bees were there about five days before you removed them. Very nice swarm & very nice queen.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Nate

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 08:59:58 am »
Great video Scott.  I finally have watched a few of everyone's videos.  Good swarm there, and a quick queen catch.
-nate