Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: MEMBER PHOTOS - CLICK HERE - PLEASE ADD YOUR PHOTOS  (Read 91982 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: MEMBER PHOTOS - CLICK HERE - PLEASE ADD YOUR PHOTOS
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2007, 10:53:39 am »
Oooh, I like the wedding shot.  That was very impressive.  Both your hair look like they are a match.  I can see why you put it up when you go out with the bees.  that would be a perfect place to get stuck and buzzing.  That is a wicked sound, that buzzing in hair.  Eeks!!!

I am starting the Bee Masters Short Course on Monday, gonna be a long haul.  Gonna have a tough time sitting in classroom for 5 days.  Eeeks!!!  I am trying to psyche myself up for it.  Gonna take lots of snacks I can stick in my purse to keep myself busy.  Awesome day.  Bring on the pictures, they are great!!!  Awesome day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline 2-Wheeler

• House Bee
    • http://www.beesandblooms.org
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2007, 12:24:14 am »
It's kind of the reverse of "Wilson" from Home Improvement.

-David Broberg   CWOP#: CW5670 / CoCoRaHS #CO-BO-218
Blog: http://beesandblooms.blogspot.com/
My Weather: http://www.leyner.org/
My Flickr Album: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dbroberg/

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2007, 10:28:14 am »
2-wheeler.  Very nice and clear picture.  You hives look impeccably white, nice job.  I am going to paint all my stored hives pretty quick, maybe I can get them to look as nice as yours.  Best of days.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline bluegrass

• House Bee
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2007, 09:25:56 pm »
Sugarbush Bees

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2007, 09:59:30 am »
Bluegrass, what an interesting picture.  I love your foot!!!!  But beware the black socked marauder!!!!  Have a wonderful day, great life, love our life we're livin'.  Cindi

Offline 2-Wheeler

• House Bee
    • http://www.beesandblooms.org
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2007, 10:09:23 pm »
Hello again.  I've recently been transformed. Can you tell by the photo below:

I'm no longer just a "beekeeper's helper" - I'm now a beekeeper with my own hive! For the past year or so, I've been the one doing the heavy lifting, putting the hardware together, snapping photos, asking for help, etc., but about a month ago I got my own hive. They seem to be doing well, but they got a late start this year.
-David
-David Broberg   CWOP#: CW5670 / CoCoRaHS #CO-BO-218
Blog: http://beesandblooms.blogspot.com/
My Weather: http://www.leyner.org/
My Flickr Album: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dbroberg/

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2007, 10:34:29 am »
David, yeah!!!  Good for you, I hope that all goes well, you have been working hands on and studying, all should go great.  Have a wonderful day, great life.  Cindi

Offline LocustHoney

• House Bee
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2007, 09:07:09 pm »
How do I post a pic???

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2007, 09:43:36 pm »
How do I post a pic???

There is a handy tutoriol at the top of this board(a sticky) that was made with a lot of work hope this helps if not send me a message. here is the link  http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?topic=6779.0

Offline LocustHoney

• House Bee
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2007, 10:20:19 pm »
Thanks!!!

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2007, 11:40:28 pm »
This is a test. Not sure if the photo will appear as I am trying this out. If you see this photo, it is my 2 beehives up on the knoll in Placerville California.

Annette

Why did the photo come out so small???

Here is another one. Hope this comes out larger.

Oh well.  I would like this to open up larger, so how do I do this????

Annette

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2007, 12:00:14 am »
This is a test. Not sure if the photo will appear as I am trying this out. If you see this photo, it is my 2 beehives up on the knoll in Placerville California.

Annette

Why did the photo come out so small???

Hi Annette!

Those are working great.  They are what is called "thumbnails".  Click them to open a new window and view full size image (this saves bandwidth). 

Good job!

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2007, 12:07:04 am »
I understand how the thumbnails work, but when you click on the thumbnail, the photo doesn't open up very large. How do you post your photos to open up nice and large???  I may want to show the bees someday and it would need to be really big to see any problems on the frames.

Annette

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2007, 12:14:58 am »
Oh, sorry - lol, I was actually thinking of amending my post with a bit about the actual, full-size image sizing as well.  You're right, 320x240 is rather small. 

Test image I tried (shot of blackberry & purple loosestrife pollen) on this post wasn't resized by ImageShack, so I am guessing your original image is small.  Check your digicam's settings for image resolution and increase it (800x600 is a good general setting, do larger for more detail).

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2007, 12:22:44 am »

What you are looking at is the property where I keep my bees. This is a view from the side of the hives.

Above is the view of the hives sitting on the knoll.

Above you can see the tops of the trees in the background.

See my bees drinking at the pond which is down below the knoll about 200 feet away.

OK, now you see me in all my glory!!!!

More photos of the pond where the bees drink

Same pond

One dead hornet that the bees killed. Rather cute looking for such a monster

Here is the killer again.

I think this will work out fine.  Thank you. I am wondering though how you all post photos that do not need to click on a thumbnail???
Good night to you all and this was a lot of fun. Will post more photos later.

Thanks Dane for the help

Thanks
Annette

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2007, 12:41:54 am »
Hi Annette,

That looks like how I know N.Cali.  Dry! 

I am wondering though how you all post photos that do not need to click on a thumbnail???

That would be cheating!!   :mrgreen:

All one has to do to post any image is place that image's url within "image tags", like so:
Code: [Select]
[img]http://your image url[img] tags.  That being said, I think thumbnails are the appropriately netiquette way.  8-)

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2007, 12:56:19 am »
OK

I will be a good girl and do the right thing.  Dane did you get to see the additional photos I added??

Yes, it is so dry around here just like a desert. About this time of year, I can't wait for the rain to come. I don't know how the bees do it, but they are bringing in nectar,slowly, but they are finding it.

Annette

Offline KES

• House Bee
    • Terrabeethia
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2007, 04:11:25 pm »
So what does my post count finally have to be before I can post a picture here?   :-\

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2007, 06:10:00 pm »
KES, So I checked out your blog and it is looking good but on the links you don't have beemaster.com listed. :'(