Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Metrobee

• New Bee
« on: August 24, 2008, 10:10:19 am »
Hello-

I found your site from reading Linda's Bee Blog, which I found extremely informative. I'm a first year beekeeper in Columbus, Ohio (right in the heart of the city) with one hive nestled into a corner of my backyard. I went through the Central Ohio Beekeepers Association Bee School in March and my bees arrived in April. I hope to use only natural methods to control disease and parasites. So far I'm up against varroa and the small hive beetle and that's what led me to Beemaster--to find a way to eradicate those pesky little buggers from my hive! There's seems to be a lot of experience and sage advice shared here and I look forward to learning from you.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 11:41:57 am »
Welcome to the forum!!! Lots of information here, real people and don't forget to use the search mode.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 03:44:23 pm »
X2 on the welcome! Sorry that SHB's brought you to Beemaster. If you have not already, do a search and read the past threads about them. While you are at it go ahead and bone up on wax moths, another pest.

Feel free to chime in anytime,

Steve   
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline mtman1849

• Assistant Social Director
  • House Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 04:07:44 pm »
Welcome, this is a great place to learn and share information on beekeeping and most anything else
I know I have learned alot and a bunch of new ideas form here

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 10:53:56 am »
Metrobee.  Welcome to our forum, Linda's blog is a wonderful place to spend time, she has performed a great thing by working so hard on it, yeah for Linda!!!  So nice that you got interested in keeping bees too.  This is the best place here that you have found to get answers and assistance to questions and problems.  We have many learned beekeepers here, you will get assistance.  Here you can also tell your stories and tales, we are an interested group of people, and love to listen to people's tales, experiences.  Have the most wonderful and awesomely great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service