Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A New Page?  (Read 5498 times)

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
A New Page?
« on: October 22, 2008, 01:42:49 pm »
I do not know if this link will work...but...Californians please check it out!

http://my.yesonprop2.com/page/outreach/view/20-20/Sudhira

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: A New Page?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 03:38:29 pm »
That was my favorite proposition to vote for this election day. yes, yes.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 09:56:38 am »
Although I agree on ANIMAL RIGHTS, I must say I sickenly enjoy my steaks and veal and lamb and chicken, and pork and duck, and I know Probably add 5 more animals 4 if you count snails :)

JUST TO BE FAIR - this link is a personal website of Sharon's $20/20 Fundraising Page, I ask you understand I agree animals are abused in the processing of food for humans. It happens to make steaks at $4.95 on sale when available.

WARNING TO ALL - I fear this link is to a scam using animal rights as an excuse to pocket $400 from each visitor. I won't remove it, I don't like to mess with seasoned members - I think that clicking on it is like clicking on a "Click here an win an OUTBACK STEAMHOUSE Dinner COUPON.

If I'm wrong please let me know poster :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 02:28:22 pm »
I am not sure what to say.  I feel compassion toward all living things.  If I am going to eat something I would like to know that as I am eating it, and feeling grateful for it's life, that it was treated with care, and respect...but I suppose I am an odd ball...

Some people won't eat honey, as they have heard that beeks kill their bees, etc...not everthing is fact, but I have seen abuse of cattle and chickens first hand and it hurts my heart...

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 10:44:46 pm »
 Naw, you're not an oddball Sharon...
 You know what i do??
 Right before I clean my fish( alot of them, mind you) I thank God for them even though I'm not starving, And then thank him for the friends who went fishing with me and giving me a good time, then I ask Him to take them and put them in a lake in heaven. Then I "Peel" them as Janelle would say!
 I figure it works because I think there are lakes in heaven and my caught fish go there and live a good life!... I do the same thing when I have to kill a pigeon too...or anything living for that matter..Run over rabbits, birds hitting the windshield, frogs getting mowed.....
 Now,....Who's the oddball?

your friend,
john

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 10:58:33 pm »
Oh yeh, john.......I think I'd like to go to the "STEAMHOUSE"!
 One thing I learned awhile back about telemarketers or mail asking for money..
I ask how big of the percentage goes to the cause..If its not 80 percent, I dont give...Then I also ask to the phone person,"Are you being paid for this or are you a volunteer?"
 If they are paid, I dont give.
 For instance...here, you have the sherriffs dept or Highway patrol...both of these groups only have less than 40 percent going to the cause...You will get a sticker in the mail, but its bogus,,It doesnt keep you from getting tickets ore anything like that..And, in these 2 mentioned orgs, neither one are really affiliated with the law agencies I found out.
  Just a tidbit of information for when you get a call...Now you have 2 questions you can ask to help you decide if you should give or not
 Oh yeh,...I'm in Tx. and the same mean stuff happens to animals down here too.
your friend,
john

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 11:15:09 pm »
I am not sure what to say.  I feel compassion toward all living things.  If I am going to eat something I would like to know that as I am eating it, and feeling grateful for it's life, that it was treated with care, and respect...but I suppose I am an odd ball...

Some people won't eat honey, as they have heard that beeks kill their bees, etc...not everthing is fact, but I have seen abuse of cattle and chickens first hand and it hurts my heart...

Sharon, I am a meat eater but I am 100% against factory farming and if I lived in California I would vote to rid the world of factory farming.

Responsible farmers don't use hormones and steroids that have a negative impact on us humans, free range is best and healthier and yes, animals live a happier life until they become hamburgers and porkchops.

If you want to understand the horrors of factory farming check this book out: http://books.google.com/books?id=PnO7_2F12p0C&dq=diet+for+a+new+america&pg=PP1&ots=PzLRJDN44X&source=bn&sig=7hEeHSm_U3qJjWvXjUuf7GgIuGA&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=4&ct=result

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 02:26:55 am »
That's why I am raising my own beef & eggs.  I know that the animals will have a wonderful life, spoiled & free of stress till it's time to be tenderloin. I also like the idea of knowing what they ate & that they only got meds if really needed.  I don't like dark meat fowl or I would raise my own chix & ducks like Cindi. It would be a waste of lives for me to just eat the white meat!  John, you have a beautiful soul!  J

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 11:47:26 am »
Yes, thank you all, I don't feel like I am standing alone out there...if you are going to eat it...love it..

Be grateful...

Abundance to you all...

Love too!

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 04:29:57 pm »
Thanx Jody, I hope my soul IS ok,.....But I have a problem with my ACTIONS alot!

your friend,
john

anything