Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello all from TN!  (Read 2763 times)

Offline StoliSuicide

• Brood
Hello all from TN!
« on: November 06, 2008, 01:46:49 pm »
 Hello everybody!
My name is Shauna and I am 21. I live out in the TN countryside on a couple of acres in a cute little house with my 4-year-old daughter Raven and my fiancee "Flemin". We enjoy gardening in the Spring and Summer and canning in the Fall. We dont watch TV, instead he reads and I knit. We are very old-fashioned.
  I have been fascinated by bees ever since I was little and look very much forward to next Spring as I intend on introducing two hives to my garden.
  So I have bought books, surfed the internet, and everything else I can find to do that will expand my knowledge of beekeeping for the upcoming Spring.
  I also look forward to joining a local beekeeping group that is close to me and make some contacts and soak up just about everything every beekeeper should know and more if I can.
  I hope to make some friends on this forum and do the same.
Thanks for reading!
  XOXOX
Stoli

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hello all from TN!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 04:01:45 pm »
Welcome Stoli.
Your name is very unique.

I'm glad you are going to join a club. Great way to meet people. And nothing better than having someone pop over to help you out if needed.

Many nice people here. Enjoy!
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 07:34:47 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 08:09:46 pm »
 Hiya Stoli!
 Welcome to the forums!
 And, you will definitely find new friends here!
 How cool it is to have you come here though!!
 Gardening, reading, knitting, and canning.....with NO TV!!!...This sounds like the life I should be living!...I made wild plum jelly last year, and the year before I made jalapeno jelly. I still have a mess of both!
 The bee world is really gonna help you see more of life and living things! It has opened up an entirely new universe since i started doing bees!
 Looking forward to seeing how it all goes for you......Only about 5 or 6 months till you get going...Plenty of time to read bee stuff from here and from the books!...The waiting part was almost torture for me, but i survived!
good luck!
your friend,
john

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 08:21:06 pm »
Hello and Welcome Stoli
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 11:16:03 am »
Stoli, welcome to our forum.  Is your preference to be called Shauna or Stoli when people speak to you here?  I am curious, you will find that out.  You have a nice little setup with your two loved ones, and two acres is a beautiful sized property.  The bees will enhance your bounty from your gardens, with food and flowers.  You are studying about the bees, that is wonderful, can you knit and read at the same time, hee, hee.  I know I am a knitter in many years gone by and I could read and knit at the same time.  That is cool eh?

Read, study, order your bees.  When the time comes for you to actually get the bees to come to your home, your will be so excited it will make your head swim.  The more that you learn and the more that you feel comfortable, the more you just can't wait to get your "hands on" these beautiful creatures of nature that we are so fortunate to be able to be a part of.  You will be held under their spell, as so many of us beekeepers are.  Aspire to be a great beekeeper, and that you will, that fine day.  Have a most wonderful day and life, love life and great health to us all.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline StoliSuicide

• Brood
Oh wow! Thank you all!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 03:46:06 pm »
Oh why thank you all! I didnt expect to have so many great responses just from
an introduction!
  To try and respond to all of you--as I havent fully figured out this forum yet, >.<--
I am actually more used to people calling me Stoli, I do a lot of "modeling" on the side and that is the
name that I go by and it has also been my nickname for quite a long time now...
   Jalapeno Jelly??....wow...Would that be hot, sweet, both, or just ?  ?? Hmmm...this...confounds me. Im going to look more into that. lmao

As you are all talking about the torture of waiting til Spring to get my first hives, yes, I can see where you are coming from...its torturing me more and more every day! I cant wait!

But I look quite forward to going to my first Beekeeping group meeting in a town about 25 minutes away next monday night!! Which is great, cause its soooo close, and gas prices...well....SUCK! hahaha.

But once again, thank you all for welcoming me and being so darn nice! heehee!
  XOXOX
 Stoli

Offline hollybees

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 12:54:25 pm »
Stoli,
I just started with bees this year and I know you'll love it.
This forum has great people.
They are very helpful and patient with newbee questions that they have probably answered a 1000 times.
Welcome...and good luck w/your "modeling"

Paul